PDA

View Full Version : Daikin R410A Split System

Testech
26-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi Guys.

Sorry to trouble you but I would like to ask a fundemental college question about a proceedure.

On a Daikin 410A split with 9 indoor inverter systems, I was wondering if anyone could give me a step by step guide to the following process.

The system is all installed.

The Suction and Liquid line valves to the condensor are of course shut and the (pre-charge) is complete.

I want to pressure test with Nitrogen then evacuate using a vacuum pump.

Can you give me a simple ABC guide please, as I would like to perform the CORRECT methods PLEASE.

DVaider
26-10-2008, 04:25 PM
As I understood you told about Daikin RMXS and you need installation manual. It should be inside a box with outdoor.

Testech
26-10-2008, 04:27 PM
No mention of leak testing using nitrogen in install manual ?.

DVaider
26-10-2008, 04:46 PM
There aren't clear answers in IM, but it means a standard procedure here with nitrogen.

frank
26-10-2008, 07:35 PM
There's no such system as a ' split' with 9 indoor inverter systems.

Indoor fan coils are not inverter driven.

Can you describe the system properly? Do you mean a VRV system?

DVaider
26-10-2008, 08:37 PM
There's no such system as a ' split' with 9 indoor inverter systems.

Indoor fan coils are not inverter driven.

Can you describe the system properly? Do you mean a VRV system?

An information about RMXS here: http://www.daikin.co.za/news/items/rmxs.jsp

Brian_UK
26-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Hi Guys.

Sorry to trouble you but I would like to ask a fundemental college question about a proceedure.

<snip>

I want to pressure test with Nitrogen then evacuate using a vacuum pump.

Can you give me a simple ABC guide please, as I would like to perform the CORRECT methods PLEASE.We could say "Follow the procedures as laid out in your Refrigerant Safe Handling training", but you would say that it is a college question.

If it is a college question why then do you have access to the installation manual from the system?

You need to perform a strength test, then a leak test before the evacuation process. Testing based on condensing at 55°C.

Odd job
27-10-2008, 08:40 PM
The RMXS system uses split indoor models but houses the expansion valves in seperate boxes that can connect to either 2 or three indoors. The condenser operates in a similar way to a mini VRV. Most manufacturers have similar systems but don't push them too hard to protect the Mini VRV/VRF market ..

Testech
29-10-2008, 07:32 PM
That would be 2 x Daikin R410A Split Series model 5MX's with 5 Room Conditioners going to 1 unit and 4 going to the other unit = 9 units being run by two outdoor units.

I have the manuals because I contacted Daikin UK.