PDA

View Full Version : Reading pressure in air duct.

DAVIDS
26-10-2008, 01:41 PM
I know how to connect a pitot tube to a inclined manometer to read velocity pressure how would you connect them to read the static pressure?

DVaider
26-10-2008, 01:59 PM
I know how to connect a pitot tube to a inclined manometer to read velocity pressure how would you connect them to read the static pressure?

You should turn an entrance hole of Pitot tube straight to the flow direction.

SteinarN
26-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Isn't the low side of the pitot tube reading the static pressure? And the high side reading the sum of the static and velocity pressure? And the difference is the velocity pressure alone?

If above is correct, then disconect the high side and you read the static pressure.

vijay_study
26-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi,

We measure static pressure in ducts by connecting one port of the manometer to the external duct surface by making a small opening equivalent to tube dia.

Other end of the manometer is open to atmosphere.

Difference between both is the static pressure which is indicated by inclined tube manometer.

Thanks

Toosh
26-10-2008, 09:00 PM

Hi DAVIDS, Have a look at this and remember GOOGLE has a lot of info it is where i found this.

http://www.flowmeterdirectory.com/flowmeter_artc/flowmeter_artc_02111201.html

Regards Norm