PDA

View Full Version : using air curtains

fridge doctor
24-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience of using air curtains in conjunction with AC ?

I have quoted for a shop outlet (ice cream, deli take away type) which has folding doors at the front, and is South facing. The shop doesn't have much depth (about 5 metres) and the idea is fridges and serving counter will be at the rear, all facing the front of the shop, all the doors will be fully open all day. As this is Cyprus, it gets pretty warm and the AC is essential. My competitors for the job have included an air curtain(s) in their spec. I haven't because I am not sure how much benefit they would be. My potential client is saying that he has been told (by the others) to use warm air curtains both as a thermal barrier and also to help prevent dust entering the shop.

Can anyone help please.

Trevor

vijay_study
24-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi,

Air curtains do act as thermal barrier and reduce leakage of conditioned air to the ambient.

However, I have mostly used it in intermittent operations for clean rooms entry lobby.

I have used PVC stripes in one of the application however most people do not like the way it looks, but is saves fan energy of air curtain.

Thanks

casstrig
24-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Air curtains can be used successfully in a shop of this size and should be wider than the opening.Buy them according to the height of mounting and expected draft strength eg.no building in front would require a stronger output.