PDA

View Full Version : Solid State Starter

pinto joseph
20-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Iwant to know about the function and purpose of solid state starter.How I can change coolant of s s starter In YORK Centrifugal chiller.

NoNickName
21-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Solid state starters or softstarters have the ability to ramp the motor voltage up until the speed of the motor is nominal. This is intended to reduce the locked rotor inrush current.
Liquid cooled starters are a minority of softstarters, where the SCR (silicon controlled rectifiers) are liquid cooled.
Coolant is circulated in a heat exchanger where SCRs are bolted on. I think you shall refer to York manual for this, but why do you need to change coolant?

absrbrtek
22-10-2008, 02:31 AM
Coolant in the York SSS is a mandatory at least once a year change. If not the cooling blocks rot out and leak, the door blows off real nice at that point. Also remember to punch the SSS heat exchanger tube.

RAVISEKAR
04-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Hi every one i am facing problem with yk lcss graphic chiller is some time will trip on phace a low heat sink temprature can any one help how to solve this

Grizzly
04-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi every one i am facing problem with yk lcss graphic chiller is some time will trip on phace a low heat sink temprature can any one help how to solve this

Check out the attached and the info provided may help.
I suspect your cooling pump may be cavitating, or coolant level may be low etc etc.

Hope this helps?
Grizzly