PDA

View Full Version : Marco

balam
20-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi guys,
I´m having problems with my Zanotti Racks...there is liquid returning to the compressors succtions....Tx´s are OK but evaporators are getting freezed obstructed due to the high level of relative humidity in enviroment..I´m thinking in installing an extra control device in the sucction line before the compressors... Any help will be thankful.:)

nh3wizard
20-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Why? Wouldnt be better to find out why you are getting liquid back to the compressor?

zoki
21-10-2008, 12:50 PM
I totally agree with nh3wizard.
You should check why you have liquid in suction line.(where you should not):cool:

Gary
21-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Hi guys,
I´m having problems with my Zanotti Racks...there is liquid returning to the compressors succtions....Tx´s are OK but evaporators are getting freezed obstructed due to the high level of relative humidity in enviroment..I´m thinking in installing an extra control device in the sucction line before the compressors... Any help will be thankful.:)

Is this a medium or low temperature rack?

How do you know there is liquid returning to the compressor suction?

What type of defrost system does it have?

Floodback is a symptom, not a fault. Don't treat the symptom. Find the fault.

balam
21-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi, nh3wizard...
The fact is cold storages users are "hard-heads" culinay staffing don´t care about leaving the doors open when they get into the room... the amount of humidity is to be considerably the evaporators pannels get freeze and get obstructed causing saturated liquid reaches the compressors succtions... I was thinking in installing a heat exchanger in succion line I think it could help by evaporating part of saturated liquid and improve with the refrigerant effect.

balam
21-10-2008, 10:33 PM
The fact is I can´t control the culinary staffing.... the don´t care in leaving the cold rooms doors open when they get in or lout... this causes the the humidity get into the room, obstruct the evaporator pannel, the liquid reaches the compressor succtions... I was thinking in insalling a heat exchager just before de compressors succtions that can eliminate part of liquid and improve the refrigerant effect.

nike123
21-10-2008, 10:41 PM
The fact is I can´t control the culinary staffing.... the don´t care in leaving the cold rooms doors open when they get in or lout... this causes the the humidity get into the room, obstruct the evaporator pannel, the liquid reaches the compressor succtions... I was thinking in insalling a heat exchager just before de compressors succtions that can eliminate part of liquid and improve the refrigerant effect.

Don't try to fix perfectly working equipment!
Fix the users, or charge them for their ignorance!:eek:

You could install suction accumulator!

balam
21-10-2008, 11:13 PM
I´ll do so.. Tks.

balam
21-10-2008, 11:23 PM
°It´s medium temperature rack
°I check the temeperture at sucction line and coincide with the saturated pressure, one can hear the typical compressor noise when liquid is present
°Evaporator use electric resistences and run each 6 hours by 25 mins.

nike123
21-10-2008, 11:50 PM
°It´s medium temperature rack
°I check the temeperture at sucction line and coincide with the saturated pressure, one can hear the typical compressor noise when liquid is present
°Evaporator use electric resistences and run each 6 hours by 25 mins.

If you hear typical liquid noise, than it is high possibility that liquid hammering is present.
In that case, you need to make full audit of temperatures and pressures in your system to be able to find out what is happening.
Please, forget your impressions and feed us only with temperatures and pressures required to diagnose system.

Low side:

Evap air in temp
Evap air out temp
Saturated suction temp (SST) converted from pressure
Suction line temp at evap outlet

High side:

Cond air in temp
Cond air out temp
Saturated condensing temp (SCT) converted from pressure
<!-- / message --><!-- sig --> Liquid line temp at receiver outlet __________________