PDA

View Full Version : Bosh

catercleaner
20-10-2008, 01:00 PM
HI I have a Bosh KGU3201GB/05 The other day it stopped working and I had an electrical burning smell The digital displays also stopped working My first reaction was the Start electrics on further examination I found the Smell came from the power PCB on taking it out I found the transformer had burnt out So I obtained one from RS components and fitted it But I still have no display although there is a low level noise coming from the display area at the top of the cabinet Does anyone have any idea Like is there a chance other components have failed on the power board ? I am trying not to have to buy a complete board as the cost is over £60 from what I can find out and funds are very short at the moment So any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Mark

nike123
20-10-2008, 01:32 PM
First check diodes if transformer has been gone. Also check condensers and resistors for conductivity and short circuit.

catercleaner
22-10-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi thanks for that I dont have the knowlege or possiably the equipment to test those It sounds like I might have to bite the bullet and pay for a new one even though at £60 it sounds like always the makers have us over a barrel as usual :mad: btw I forgot to mention in my original post The unit isd an upright fridge freezer for those that do not know the model.:D I would still like to know if anyone out there could advise if the route I am taking is the correct one from my description please ;)

nike123
22-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I would still like to know if anyone out there could advise if the route I am taking is the correct one from my description please ;)

Yes, it is correct, but before fitting new PCB, someone with required knowledge should check if devices who are going to be connected to PCB are without defect, because, if not checked, you could end up with another burnt transformer or something else.