PDA

View Full Version : Nervous

Arc
19-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Im heading to London/Uk for a WORKING/holiday early next year. Am I crazy. Is there work/jobs in the air con industry at the moment. Have been planning this for some time, bought tickets etc. really want to go?

multisync
19-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Im heading to London/Uk for a WORKING/holiday early next year. Am I crazy. Is there work/jobs in the air con industry at the moment. Have been planning this for some time, bought tickets etc. really want to go?

1 No work around. Lots being laid off and lots more to follow.
2 Have you got your C&G safe handling cert?

IE Please do come for a holiday but work in a Walkabout bar in Scotland...
http://www.walkabout.eu.com/

Multisync
London

paul_h
20-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Yeah, you're crazy.
It's only just starting to pick up here in australia. UK is in recession, Kevins throwing money around here to prevent the same.
Summer is about to hit, the last two days were above 30C in perth.
I've got my week already booked out (for the first time ever) at 4 jobs a day, all local so good money with $60 call out and not much fuel needed. AT this rate there's going to be work well into next year, while the UK is all doom, gloom and winter.

Argus
20-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Im heading to London/Uk for a WORKING/holiday early next year.

Am I crazy.

Yes.

The rules on migrant workers have changed.

Read the border Agency's web site.http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/

As pointed out you won't have UK qualifications, prospective employers have to obtain a licence to take foreign workers on.

wilks
21-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah, you're crazy.
It's only just starting to pick up here in australia. UK is in recession, Kevins throwing money around here to prevent the same.
Summer is about to hit, the last two days were above 30C in perth.
I've got my week already booked out (for the first time ever) at 4 jobs a day, all local so good money with $60 call out and not much fuel needed. AT this rate there's going to be work well into next year, while the UK is all doom, gloom and winter.

lets be honest paul , if the U.S.A. go in to recession and the U.K. go into recession ( which is on the cards or its even here ) theres a pretty good chance that AUS will to.Doesnt matter how much money Kevin is throwin around. Its even hitting the emerging far east economies also at present,:rolleyes:

wilks
21-10-2008, 10:47 PM
i do agree tho , doom ,gloom , and winter ,

great