PDA

View Full Version : It is easy when you are young and stupid!

nike123
19-10-2008, 07:34 AM
http://www.eblogx.com/Bilder--Klimaanlage-installieren-10675.html
In my early ages (and 50kg less weight), I also done some of same stupid things like this one! Good and fast money could make some people to do very stupid things.

paul_h
19-10-2008, 12:46 PM
OK, that is crazy enough as it is, but I want to know how the brackets were installed!
Was he held out of the window upside down by his ankles?

Brian_UK
19-10-2008, 12:47 PM
But how did they drill the holes for the brackets in the first place ?

nike123
19-10-2008, 01:12 PM
OK, that is crazy enough as it is, but I want to know how the brackets were installed!
Was he held out of the window upside down by his ankles?

It is not that deep down, but someone still need to hold you by your legs and waist belt (which must be really good one) in case you stretch too much.
And at that times, I was always wearing rope around my ankles (as that is of any help :D).
I still could mount brackets for Fujitsu 7,9,12 if their top is not below 10-15 cm of window sill.
I still have somewhere purpose made tools for holding nuts and washers from below of bracket to tighten outdoor unit to bracket.
Only difference now is that I don't go to bracket any more. I do everything from inside and position outside unit in such way that its connection side could be easily reached from inside.;)

paul_h
19-10-2008, 02:19 PM
WOW.
Who fixes them when they breakdown though?
Those installs wouldn't happen here, as no manufacturer's service agent would repair them.
Also high rises have balconies here :D

edit: But anyway, if I was forced to work in countries that had such practices, I wouldn't touch airconditioning. My business would be refrigeration only , 100%. I wouldn't do any split systems, carrying gear up a 2 storey building with a non secured extension ladder is bad enough for me ;)

nike123
20-10-2008, 12:31 PM
WOW.
Who fixes them when they breakdown though?

Me!

Those installs wouldn't happen here, as no manufacturer's service agent would repair them.
Also high rises have balconies here :D
Here also, but customers want that their AC-s is out of balconies. :mad:
Now, with new legislations, they are finally forced to remove them from facades.
With few words in legislation, lot of newly created work for us!:rolleyes:

edit: But anyway, if I was forced to work in countries that had such practices, I wouldn't touch airconditioning. My business would be refrigeration only , 100%. I wouldn't do any split systems, carrying gear up a 2 storey building with a non secured extension ladder is bad enough for me ;)

Nobody here cannot force you to anything you don't want, except your need or urge for good and quick money.;)

paul_h
20-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Me!

Do you charge extra for repairing a unit in a difficult position, ie charge extra because you have to bring the whole unit indoor again for repairs?
Do you get paid for repairing them? who pays, manufacturer or customer? Eg waranty repairs here are free, paid to us by manufacturer, but if we need cranes/scaffolding or two guys, the customer has to pay the extra because they wanted the unit is a bad spot.

Genuinely interested in how that works. Obviously takes longer and is harder to repair a unit in that situation, do you get extra money, or are you screwed for having to work 3 hrs for a repair that would normally take 1hr if it was easy to get to.

Also, I bet anyone who does those installations hates fuji inverters and any other unreliable brand, why go to the effort to install such units when the money you earn is going to come out of your pocket and you have to risk yourself again for no extra money over standard repair rates :D

nike123
20-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Do you charge extra for repairing a unit in a difficult position, ie charge extra because you have to bring the whole unit indoor again for repairs?

I charge by hours of work.
If unit need to be dismantled, I take it to workshop together with indoor unit. For these cases, I charge fix rate after I made diagnose and proposal of service price.

That is only needed if something is wrong with refrigerant circuit. All electric and electronic stuff could be done on place for these small units. Bigger units I don't place like that. They are always placed in easy to reach places.

For me, it doesn't matter is it unit under guarantee or not. If it is not, I charge customer. If it is under guarantee, I charge to my partners whom I work for installations maintenance and services with decent discount.

Here, most of importers don't get covered for warranty from Fuji/Fujitsu and many other brands. They are those who provide warranty which vary from 1 year to 5 year (sometimes even 7) depending on if annual maintenance is contracted or not, and quality of brand.
In return, they have some discount to purchase price from manufacturer.
Here, we didn't get any certification for installers and serviceman's till few years ago, and I think that is main reason for such agreement between manufacturers and importers.

These three sizes (7,9,12 Btu) covers most of apartments in my surrounding.Also here is mild climate and tight budget and inverters are not that much common. Good non inverter cover all needs because here lowest temperatures could be -5°C for max 2 days in year.
Project heating temperature here is 0,1°C and we are on the coast of Mediterranean (Adriatic) see.

HVACRSA
28-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Woow, that is crazy.

The MG Pony
30-10-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm sure he'd make a deep impression on any one on the ground floor!

marc5180
06-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Some people will do anything for money.