PDA

View Full Version : E0 error on "daikin"

SkyWalker
17-10-2008, 05:45 PM
model : R71fjw1 - Daikin old f series R22

basically guys completely removed all of the indoor and out electronics (power + control) and mounted virtually everything on a wooden board to make it easy to play with the electrical side of things.

the HP and LP pressure switches have been removed and replaced with simple manually operated switch's, the outdoor fan motor power supply + capacitor are currently unplugged from the board but everything else is connected

im getting E0 (outdoor protection device) as an error,

what im wondering is are one the outdoor sensors taking there reading as lack of refrigerant or something along those lines as they are just mounted on a stub of copper for easy viewing.

i believe the outdoor fan motor may have some sort of protection also and this could be causing me a problem not being in the control circuit, if it is the fan motor in theory could i get the contactor to pull in and from an electrical point of veiw get operation? or would the sensors hold it off? i will obviously heat up the indoor ambient sensor to force cooling or run TEST.

Brian_UK
17-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Just a quick reply here, 'cos I've got to go elsewhere, but I think Daikin will go into fault mode if the fan is disconnected.

frank
17-10-2008, 08:41 PM
model : R71fjw1 - Daikin old f series R22

basically guys completely removed all of the indoor and out electronics (power + control) and mounted virtually everything on a wooden board to make it easy to play with the electrical side of things.

Whats all this about then???

The EO fault is caused when the 240v signal put out on 1 of the 2 grey wires connected to the outdoor pcb does not come back on the other grey wire.

Just link the grey wires together.

Good luck...........stand back and watch the fireworks :eek:

narkom
17-10-2008, 08:52 PM
I have got E0 fault on R71 units many times. The service manual says two reasons:fan motor protection (Q1L-thermal switch) and compressor overload protection (F1C). So you must jump Q1L @ F1С on the control board.

SkyWalker
17-10-2008, 10:16 PM
thanks narkom i will look into that

lol frank, hopefully i can find an alternative! bit to earlie in the year for fireworks!

sinewave
19-10-2008, 02:33 PM
bit to earlie in the year for fireworks!

Not really, the kids are already 'at it' round our way! :mad:

paul_h
19-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah outdoor protection error could be fan or compressor, as the fan is unplugged, you'll get an "outdoor protection error"

brunstar
23-11-2008, 09:23 PM
on that one you will have to make the fan motor overloads, compressor motor overloads and low and high pressure switches.
you will have to wire a contactor so that there is a normally closed contact across the compressor motor overload.