PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

Abe
25-02-2004, 10:42 PM
We have done the Jung tests and analysed everyones characters, personalities.....

Dez is doing a brill job on the format of the forum....

We seeing some weird and wonderful avatars.....bringing colour and fun into the mundane aspects of discussing P/T etc

Question: Are avatars important and do they say anything about the person ?

I tend to play around with mine a bit I know, you guys probably guessed, Im nuts about planes and flying.....

Stock avatars?? Yawn !!!

Karl Hofmann
25-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Avatars are as individual as the person posting, and does say something about that person. I see that you are a high flyer LOL

Though I would say that some of those Avatars of the poster himself can be a little scary :eek:

Bones
26-02-2004, 08:33 AM
i like avatars i think they are healthy :)

no thought realy went into mine hehe.. except needing something origional... so JIMMI! (my dog) sit boy "click" and viola!

frank
26-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Would my name come to mind Karl???? :D :D

Karl Hofmann
26-02-2004, 06:43 PM
LOL No Frank,

You look beautiful :p

frank
26-02-2004, 06:53 PM
I'm flattered :D

750 Valve
27-02-2004, 02:00 AM
:D What's wrong with the poster himself!!!:D

Prof Sporlan
27-02-2004, 03:31 AM
Question: Are avatars important and do they say anything about the person ?
Perhaps one can say they represent an aspiration, self-image, or some object of affection... :)

Prof Sporlan
27-02-2004, 03:33 AM
Mmmmm... did the Prof ever get around to earning his Phd? :)

Karl Hofmann
27-02-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by frank
I'm flattered :D

Don't be too flattered Frank, I think that my German Shepherd is beautifull too :D

Abe
27-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Karl Hofmann

Though I would say that some of those Avatars of the poster himself can be a little scary :eek: [/B]

Karl, Which "poster" are you referring to....if " Frank" (lol) is ok!!:(

frank
27-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Hi Ayb

Booked in at the barbers tomorrow for a hair cut :D

might even get a shave :D

Abe
27-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Frank, you look great.......I could swear that pic was taken at some fancy dress party.......:D

frank
27-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Spot On ! :D

WebRam
27-02-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Karl Hofmann
Don't be too flattered Frank, I think that my German Shepherd is beautifull too :D

Hey Karl, whats up with your dog? problems with his back legs?

Karl Hofmann
28-02-2004, 08:21 AM
Yes, Smokie suffered from Degeneritive Myelopathy (CDR). It prevented the impulses from his brain from acting on the muscles in his back legs and his tail. Over the two and a half years that he had the desease he managed to wear out two carts, the one in the picture had suspension on it to help him on corners when chasing squirrels.
Sadly the desease eventually traveled up his spine and prevented his front legs from working, so last February we had to have him put to sleep.

This January we went to the same dogs home that Smokie came from and came home with Sadie a 13 month old German Shepherd bitch, she's undergoing rigerous training now so this Summer she can travel round with me in the van.

WebRam
28-02-2004, 08:35 AM
Sad story but great that you stuck by him throughout his illness.

To see my dog (well I have two but to see the greyhound) click on the link

http://www.nakedfinger.com/gallery/album02

I rescued him last December.

chemi-cool
28-02-2004, 08:57 AM
nice dog webram.

three years ago, my little girl have found a smaal dog, a mixture between a pikenese(hope I spelled it right) and the rest of the gang.

great little creature. she goes with me to work everyday and is learning how to make a flair connection now.lol

it is realy nice to travel with your dog all day.

also she looks after the van when I'm working and no one can touch it. I dont even lock it any more.

chemi
ps any sugestion to reduce the size of pictures from my computer so I can post them?

Abe
28-02-2004, 11:06 AM
Chemi

Use Paint Shop Pro
Use the resize option

chemi-cool
28-02-2004, 11:37 AM
I do not have paint shop.
only sony's software for the digital camera.

I will try with microsoft photo editor and maybe when webram will return from the pub, he will have a better idea.

have you seen the other photos i've posted?

chemi

Mark
28-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi chemi-cool:)

Yes your pics came out,they look good ,very interesting:) :)

Regards Mark:)

Abe
28-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Chemi

Ive seen the other pics.......all very good
Im busy packing......long flight ahead
This probably my last post for a while

Brian_UK
28-02-2004, 10:25 PM
Chemi

I don't know which version of Windows you have. Under XP I have found that if I open a picture under windows, not any photo software, and then 'send' it to a 'mail recepient' the program reduces the file size for me.

So it might be worthwhile emailing a picture to yourself to see if you can get a reduction that way.

Worth a try ??