PDA

View Full Version : what's the name of the tube(picture attached)

compressor
16-10-2008, 01:19 AM
could you tell me how to call the tube in english?

US Iceman
16-10-2008, 01:45 AM
vibration eliminator

The Viking
16-10-2008, 02:05 AM
Normally referred to as "anaconda" here in UK.
(OR flexie for short)

pauly-wog
16-10-2008, 06:38 AM
vibration eliminators should always be installed inline with the shaft of the compressor,ideally as close to the compressor as well

sedgy
24-10-2008, 07:32 PM
3x anaconda,s

marc5180
24-10-2008, 09:10 PM
They are anaconda's:D

Chunk
24-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Knuckle whackers for naughty apprentices.

Brian_UK
25-10-2008, 11:28 PM
But he didn'y say what the prize was for getting the answer correct ;) :)

Jadeair
26-10-2008, 09:39 AM
My girlfriend's got one of those, the open end is where the batteries go.

Please don't tell my wife....

Deano240
01-12-2009, 01:27 AM
is a baffle another word for them ? thats what i know them as

mad fridgie
01-12-2009, 01:44 AM
If its leaking, then I give it "O" so many names.
It is a vibration eliminator,
A bit of a story, when I was a boy learning they were always called VE (by my peers), but I had to go to site with some install engineers from manchester, They I asked me to get them an "anaconda" not wanting to look like an idiot (vain in my early days) I did not ask what one was, so I went to the van with big box (being a smart arse) and filled it with every part i did not know the name of, thinking well that should sort it.
I brought the box to the plant room (after hours) and told the guys "help yourself" as you can imagine I got such a bollocking, because there was no vibration eliminators/anacondas in the box.
Now a days I just look like an idiot,and to ugly to be vain.

DEVIL
01-12-2009, 09:32 PM
in romania is called Vibro-flex

Latte
01-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Also heard them in TK circles refered to as a "vibrasorber"

nike123
01-12-2009, 11:20 PM
If its leaking, then I give it "O" so many names.
It is a vibration eliminator,
A bit of a story, when I was a boy learning they were always called VE (by my peers), but I had to go to site with some install engineers from manchester, They I asked me to get them an "anaconda" not wanting to look like an idiot (vain in my early days) I did not ask what one was, so I went to the van with big box (being a smart arse) and filled it with every part i did not know the name of, thinking well that should sort it.
I brought the box to the plant room (after hours) and told the guys "help yourself" as you can imagine I got such a bollocking, because there was no vibration eliminators/anacondas in the box.
Now a days I just look like an idiot,and to ugly to be vain.

:off topic:

I recently have some apprentice guy like you.;):D
I wuld start to teling him "give me ...." and without hearing rest of my sentence he will be gone to van and digging for something.
Then he will be back again in ten minutes or more with answer "there is no in the van that THING"
Than I will ask him what I was told him to find?
Only answer is stupid look on his face!:D:D

thermo prince
02-12-2009, 02:25 AM
Hi Nike - you know how nowadays so called "smart " phones have predictive text typing - they fill in words as they guess what you try to type?
Maybe this is new evolution of mankind too because teenagers so immersed in all this technology - " Predictive Apprentices" ;-))
What do you think?

regards
T-P

acragala
02-12-2009, 02:37 PM
its called as Vibration Eleminator and ulmost i has been used in Dishcharge line of the Refrigeration system

reganracelis
03-12-2009, 10:47 AM
vibration / spring isolator.

nike123
03-12-2009, 02:50 PM
:off topic:

What do you think?

I think that some of today kids are so smart (because of television and internet) that they don't even need to hear rest of request!:rolleyes: