PDA

View Full Version : going subby

robert pygott
15-10-2008, 08:11 PM
hi guys

Just trying to set up as a sub cotractor in installation of split and vrf/vrv equipment. ive got a couple of contacts that are interested but nothing firm yet! In the mean time im busy trying to find out what i need to do to get myself armed with all the right knowledge in to being a subby without sounding a novice. I have an idea what to charge a day with a mate, but what are the implications with health n safety, skills cards, insurances, vat registering etc. Any advice would be of great help? or even sumone who is willing to team up to give some valuable experience on the subby side?
Enough of that, best england win tonight!!!

Brian_UK
15-10-2008, 10:00 PM
It might sound dangerous but get in touch with HMRC and get their advice on the taxation side.

Normally they are quite helpful, plus you get the info direct from the horses mouth without having the pay for the knowledge.

Likewise a good insurance broker will help you with you vehicle and public liability type insurances. Even if they are not the best rates at least you are covered for the first year and it gives you a breathing space to sort out other options for next year and beyond.