PDA

View Full Version : Hubbard

willis123
15-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Has anybody heard about changes at Otley - I've heard they've just made 20 staff redundant with more to go? Not sure how true it is? I only hope they're not shifting production over to Zanotti!:rolleyes:

Brian_UK
15-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Nothing showing up in their local newspaper yet.

abbsnowman
16-10-2008, 04:03 AM
Has anybody heard about changes at Otley - I've heard they've just made 20 staff redundant with more to go? Not sure how true it is? I only hope they're not shifting production over to Zanotti!:rolleyes:

I am way on the other side of the pond so what I hear is speculation at most but I hear yes!
The dealer here is bankrupt.

SKOOBY
16-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Hubbard was and still is a UK manfacturer that Zannotti purchased.
Like a lot of companys now there is no free ride and they want there pound of flesh.Who knows if they will survive.They are possibly trimming the dead wood

alpha
17-10-2008, 01:22 PM
I was chatting to a Hubbard engineer the other week and he mentioned that a few had been laid off within the company due to whatever unknown reason to me. I think with the economy the way it is I guess there will be changes all over the place in the coming months.

Anyhow, work today and see what happens tomorrow!

abbsnowman
17-10-2008, 04:01 PM
The world is changing thats for sure. Not only have people run out of money, they have run out of credit!

jimwhittlam
23-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Let me put all minds at rest,Hubbard is still at Otley and has no intention of going anywhere and that includes Italy
Hubbard are suffering like anyone else at this time,however not as much as some of our competitors,I am pleased to report that we have a healthy order book and as a company are going forward with the help of the Zanotti input with many new things planned for the coming year,watch this space and the website
You are welcome to contact me at anytime for future information

SKOOBY
23-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Glad to here it they make one of the best
Direct drives there is