PDA

View Full Version : daikin vrv inverter compressor check

sunilkumarhvac
15-10-2008, 05:42 AM
i got L8 error from daikin VRVII system RXYQ30MYIK high ambient unit checked and found the inverter board's print was burnt out so anybody can guide me what r the precuations or checkings has to be do before changing a new inverter pcb assembly :cool:

paul_h
15-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Megger test the compressor.
Diode/resistance test anything that plugs into the board eg filter module and ipm if seperate to the main board, fan motors etc

The Viking
15-10-2008, 11:44 AM
There is a thread about checking compressors HERE (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=117569#post117569).
And as Paul said (sorry, wrote) don't forget to check all other control related bits.

One important test,often forgotten, is to check the incoming mains. A non existent Neutral might create 400 volt on a board where it should only be 240V. This will also happen if there is loose connections inside the unit.

sunilkumarhvac
15-10-2008, 02:25 PM
thanks for your help i will tell my maintainance team to do as per that procedure

Brian_UK
15-10-2008, 10:39 PM
You might also like to download a technical manual for that unit from here...

http://www.daikinac.com/commercial/docsService_VRV.asp?sec=docs&page=39

Click on the first one - RXYQ.

sunilkumarhvac
16-10-2008, 05:55 AM
Thanking you for the response also i checked your site there is only methods for checking compressor winding and grounding (by ohm tester and megger, done these checkings but shows normal and there is no loose connections or voltage problem found all other boards seems fine this inverter assembly is very expensive part and if i go through the new one i have doughts (becuase i couldn't found any fault for inverter assembly pcb blast ). So pls tell me there is any device for checking inverter compressor without connecting inverter assembly board that is just for checking any mechanical failure from compressor. that i need only for few seconds. Or any other methods to trouble shoot compressor failure(inverter) hope i can get a solution this unit is the combination of RXYQ10MYIK x 3 and now for emergency i started the system without this RXYQ10MYIK module

sunilkumarhvac
16-10-2008, 07:03 AM
thnking u for the support but i couldn't find the model which is suitable for me RXYQ8MYIK & RXYQ10MYIK

leftjobrunning
21-10-2008, 11:54 PM
You can get an invertor board tester from Daikin direct (around £50 stg) or a spurious one from any good electrical supplier. It's a very handy tool, just take the spade connections off the compressor and connect them to the tester, switch on the power and through a sequence of flashing lights it will tell you whether it's the inv board or compressor.

The only test you can do on the compressor direct is to check even resistances between windings and whether ny of them are down to earth. This won't tell you if the comp is seized though.

As you say, the invertor board assembly is the more expensive part and you really don't want to be replacing it, only for a seized compressor to destroy the new one. Go get one of the invertor testers, can be used on any invertor technology, and seeing how it's getting much more common, it's prob worth the expenditure.

sunilkumarhvac
22-10-2008, 05:28 AM
Thank u for the responce i allready ordered inverter checker,compressor&inverter assembly from daikin waitinf for those parts as you said i will do the procedure and let you know the result..........
thank you

jullah2009
20-11-2008, 09:20 AM
hi
can you explain the difference between the digital scroll compressor and inverter compressor

nike123
21-11-2008, 11:32 AM
hi
can you explain the difference between the digital scroll compressor and inverter compressor

Please, start a new thread here (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41) and use search function!

brunstar
23-11-2008, 04:00 PM
hi there,
the difference between a digital scroll compressor and an inverter is that a digital scroll is very similar to an unloader which unloads the refrigerant, where as an inverter type uses variable frequency to speed up and slow down the compressor to vary the refrigerant volume.