PDA

View Full Version : Dual capacitors in aust

paul_h
15-10-2008, 03:25 AM
Anyone know where to get the dual capacitors in australia?
I'm talking abut the '2 in 1', three terminal capacitors that small splits and window/box RACs use.
I need one thats 30uF for the comp and 0.9uF for the cond fan.

No one seems to carry any stock in WA, takes ages to get anything from manufacturers direct, especially samsung (it's a 1AQ12AVIE unit).
We're in a bit of a heatwave right now and people are wanting things fixed straight away :D

stefs_cruiser
15-10-2008, 05:49 AM
What about using two seperate capacitors, or contacting a company like Whitchurch in Myaree??
I know it is a long shot

fridge doctor
15-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Hi Paul,

Had this prob several times on LG which also use dual caps. Don't bother trying to get the original, just replace the failed half.

Trevor

paul_h
15-10-2008, 09:05 AM
What about using two seperate capacitors, or contacting a company like Whitchurch in Myaree??
I know it is a long shotWhitchurch always have 0 stock and take ages to get anything done.
The only agent is abel/ring-a-bel/dacaps, took 3 goes to get through to the parts guy there, he never rings me back. But he confirmed they had none, but hasn't rung me back with an ETA.

Might have to replace with two caps, I definitely would have if only the fan side is blown. But the compressor side is out of spec too, (reads only 15uF when it should be 30uF). So there really isn't any price difference getting the OEM one instead of two new ones, as I used to replace them all the time when working for warranty.

Also another problem is they don't really have much room inside, there's no chassis to mount anything, just a small plate the terminals and capacitor hangs off.