PDA

View Full Version : Migrate Oil problem - Medium Refrigeration System

lurioda
24-02-2004, 07:20 AM
We had a water chiller unit, originally consisting 2 circuits of 3 and 2 compressors, installed in direct parallel both suction and discharge line. The type of compressors were all 06EA299 from Carlyle. After years, and for some reasons, the system has been modified in preventing repetitive failure of compressors due to refrigerant floodback.

Now, each circuit in the system has their own evaporator, and the compressors were not installed parallel, but individual, and so the control. However we face new problem that not found in the book, where in circuit 1 (having 3 compressor, said no. 1, 2 and 3), if compr. 2 online and 1 and/or 3 off, the oil level in compr. 2 tends to rise above half of the sightglass, while no.1 dropped although this unit not running. But if compr. 1 running and no. 2 off, everything is OK and no indication of level increase in running unit.
After I checked compressor (all) internally, we found that the equalizing check valve lockbolt still there. Can we dismantle that check valve to prevent that problem? We have reviewed all the piping system, and the most probable source of loosing oil in compressor 1 was due to that "little" bolt, since there ia no other way that oil will migrate to others.
For your info, the suction line of those three compressors (in circuit 1) take from same manifold. We had suction accumulator out of evap and individual oil separators on the discharge side.
Therefore thru this forum I am asking your advice of my problems
Regards,
Lukito - Indonesia