PDA

View Full Version : Supermarket Work!!

Grizzly
13-10-2008, 09:51 PM
I got called out to a supermarket with chiller problems!
The manager was very pleasant and helpful!
Am i missing something?
(don't normally do Commercial - hence the question)
Grizzly

taz24
13-10-2008, 10:06 PM
I got called out to a supermarket with chiller problems!
The manager was very pleasant and helpful!
Am i missing something?
(don't normally do Commercial - hence the question)
Grizzly

You pose more than one question!!

Supermarket with chiller problems?
The Manager helpful and friendly?
Are you missing somthing?

I'll answer them one at a time.

Supermarket with chiller problems!! We all know supermarkets are maintained to exceptional levels and they never have problems.

The Manager was helpful and friendly!! You were in the wrong location, you can't have been in a supermarket because the managers there are **** **** **** **** **** **** gob ****es.

Are you missing somthing? I will not dare go there.

:D:D:eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

taz

Brian_UK
13-10-2008, 10:39 PM
There now Grizzly, any more dumb questions you would like clarified? :D:p

Grizzly
14-10-2008, 05:40 AM
Erm
I think I am beginning to realise why the Engineer -Manager relationship may be a tad strained.
The one i met yesterday evening was straight out of kindergarten.
Sounds like you have been there taz?
And Brian are you sure you haven't been on a similar management course?
Or is it the Carrilion influence?

Grizzly

Brian_UK
14-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Erm

GrizzlyNope, just pushy I guess :)

Talking of Carillion influence there is a pie chart of the various service companies in our latest in-house magazine.

JC are right next to Carillion, unfortunately (or not...) this is because the two are the largest and the smallest.;)

taz24
20-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Erm
I think I am beginning to realise why the Engineer -Manager relationship may be a tad strained.
The one i met yesterday evening was straight out of kindergarten.
Sounds like you have been there taz?

Grizzly

Hi griz

All joking apart I have for the most part, had good working relations with store managers.
I always was honest with them and they knew that if I said a case needed to be empty, for the most part it was always emptied.

In most store's engineers tend not to deal with the Genral Store Manager (GSM). The refrigeration sections are managed by managers who normaly have a good understanding what is required and therfore have a realistic approach to problems.

I have worked long enough in stores to see managers promoted and work through the ranks.

I have seen staff who came into stores as checkout opperators and work up through the years to become store managers.

I have seen them move from store to store to store and for the most part they are decent people. When you tell sombody what the problem is, normally they let you get on with your job.

The worst relationship I ever had with a manager was many, many years ago. We kept crossing paths and he was a very ambitious man who was driven to be the best. I had to fight with him week after week to get access to case's to let me deal with problems. I watched him move to different stores and slowly he was promoted to one of my stores as the GSM.

I thought it was going to be a nightmare because he was still driven and arrogant. We had a good working relationship but it was hard work untill one day he absolutley gob smacked me.

I was involved in a store refit and was asked for personaly by the senior management to commission the store when the time was due. It turns out that this guy had told his regional managers that I was a good enginner and always got the job done. So if you do a good job it does not go un-noticed.

For over 15 years in different stores we had been head to head trying to keep a good working relationship but both from different directions, me from the point of view of keeping the fridges working and his point of view of selling produce and makeing profits.

It is down to the personal relationship between people. It is made harder when no one person is responsible for a store, if engineers are just sent to deal with problems but do not take ownership for the store, then problems arise

taz..