PDA

View Full Version : Why??

icecube51
08-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Hy all,

had a nice one today,looking for a fault on a chiller (mcquay 45Kw) ho made the main jumper tripping by switching on the main button.the chiller was constructed for cooling only and worked normal for 6 years.the fault was a thermo sensor on the plate heat exchanger for working in heating mode. WHY do they build units and put parts in that they never going to use anyway? it was connected to the electrical board but has no use.
something to look out for,unused connected extra parts.:rolleyes:

Ice

Brian_UK
08-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Perhaps it was on of those

"It might come in useful one day" parts ;)

TRASH101
08-10-2008, 11:40 PM
It is common place in modern manufacturing practices

I refer to it as Fault by Unecessary Component, Knowingly Engineered at Design.

FAO the Moderators

If the acronym is inexcusable please feel free to delete.

Brian_UK
08-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Don't know you're talking about Trash ;)

(he said wearing his French Connection Tee shirt.......)

frank
10-10-2008, 09:06 PM
It is common place in modern manufacturing practices

I refer to it as Fault by Unecessary Component, Knowingly Engineered at Design.

FAO the Moderators

If the acronym is inexcusable please feel free to delete.
Can't see any problem me'sen :D

nike123
10-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Hy all,

had a nice one today,looking for a fault on a chiller (mcquay 45Kw) ho made the main jumper tripping by switching on the main button.the chiller was constructed for cooling only and worked normal for 6 years.the fault was a thermo sensor on the plate heat exchanger for working in heating mode. WHY do they build units and put parts in that they never going to use anyway? it was connected to the electrical board but has no use.
something to look out for,unused connected extra parts.:rolleyes:

Ice

Maybe because they use same controller for cooling only and for heat pump models. If they disconnect or not place that probe at all, then controller will register that as faulty probe and then stopped operation with error announcement.

icecube51
12-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Nop, disconnected the sensor and everything works normal,no fault codes, no differences in temperatures. its like Trash101 pointed out,its a "****ED".

Ice

Plank!
12-10-2008, 07:00 PM
WHY do they build units and put parts in that they never going to use anyway? it was connected to the electrical board but has no use.

Think yourself lucky!
I recently had to set up two new units from the same manufacturer, only they forgot to fit the discharge temp sensors - "Discharge temperature fault 999.9c" :eek:

icecube51
13-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Monday Monday.....i hate that day.

nike123
13-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Monday Monday.....i hate that day.
Because of you or others? ;):D

icecube51
13-10-2008, 10:39 PM
we see Monday as any other day,because of the 7/7 service we provide.however in the factory's,Monday is starting day,after a nice and long weekend of party.
we have to deal whit dos Mondays.thank U very much.
Ice

nike123
13-10-2008, 10:51 PM
we see Monday as any other day,because of the 7/7 service we provide.however in the factory's,Monday is starting day,after a nice and long weekend of party.
we have to deal whit dos Mondays.thank U very much.
Ice

Ice, it was joke! :cool:
Don't take it personally! I also have found that European (and US) product quality is worse when manufacture day is Monday.:D

icecube51
15-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Nike123, understood,but the thank U was sent to the factory workers ;-))

Ice