PDA

View Full Version : Daikin chilly heat pumps!

daddymac
08-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Hello All!

Can anyone help me? We've just had eight of Daikin heat pumps installed in an office. The primary intention is to use these units to heat the building in the winter, and there is the bonus they will cool in the summer. The problem we are facing is that when they reach set point temperature, they then blow a very chilly blast of air which is causing complaints! I could understand this happening with a non-inverter unit if the compressor stopped and there was a big pressure drop in the internal unit, but the units are the Super-Inverter RZQ100 outdoor unit with FUQ100 as the internal.
We've had the installers back with Daikin who claim to have rectified the problem by altering settings in the control software... but according to the people who work in the area, there's no change!
Before I call them back, has anyone else had this issue... and is there a remedy?

Thanks in advance! DM

Brian_UK
08-10-2008, 07:59 PM
You need to check the temperatures and airflows from the units to confirm the facts first of all.

The customer may consider that lack of heating, during defrost or on temperature set-point, to be 'blowing cold air'.

Other than that, yes call back the installers with Daikin but perhaps arrange a meeting with the client at the same time so that both sides of the story get told.

Or, if not with the client then at least with your project man who designed/sold the system so that he can explain any shortcomings to the client.

Reefer1
09-10-2008, 04:32 AM
Perhaps you will need to make the field setting to cycle fan off when unit reaches setpoint in heating mode. Daikin rep should have done this for.
Your chilly blast will be the fan dropping to its lowest speed to maintain some air movement.

stuartwking
09-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Daddymac,

Why dont you just set the controllers onto heat only mode instead of auto?. Maybe you have already done this but just a thought.
The installer should be sorting you out on this problem which sounds like it could be easy fixed,(just a guess).

Keep us posted.

leftjobrunning
22-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Daddymac, would I be correct in assuming that the people complaining are of the fairer sex? I'd nearly bet my house on it.

I remember having a problem with AC in an office environment once, the ladies were all going home with sore necks from the AC, even though none were in the airflow. Even with the isolators off outside they were still complaining!

daddymac
23-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Sorry for the delay in getting back on this... I've been and had a look at the area in question. Yes the complaints were mainly from the fairer sex! ;)
I personally did not experience the chilly blast, but the controllers were set on AUTO as opposed to heat only. (could this be it?) I've now set them on heat only and we'll see!
All seems to have gone quiet since... but no doubt someone will whinge sooner or later!! I suspect this is a people issue nore than anything!
Thanks for the input guys!

DM

nike123
23-10-2008, 10:48 AM
If air conditioner is set to Auto mode then, depending on set point, it switches between cool, fan and heat mode according to set point and temperature in air return of indoor unit.
If temperature is near the set point it switches to fan mode and producing draft. Any air draft makes occupants feel that temperature of air is lower than it is (around 5°C).
Therefore you must select heat mode instead of auto mode. That way, when room temperature is near set temperature, air draft is not present because of monitoring mode of indoor units fans.