PDA

View Full Version : Polar T318 ice maker, HELP!

welsh__boy
08-10-2008, 12:10 PM
We've got a Polar T318 in our workshop, been there for a while. Tray fills with water, then empties straight away. Changhed every probe, PCB at the rear, bypassed the pressure switch and still the same problem, the 'helpline' on the badge is useless, just people on the end of the phone with a spare parts diagram, anybody got any suggestions??? Please help me!!

Brian_UK
08-10-2008, 08:01 PM
What is the refrigeration side of the machine doing?

Andy AC
08-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Paddle motor stuffed - if it doesn't detect the shaft rotating it will try and defrost, has to do so many rpm which is done by the sensor next to the motor.
A new paddle motor is very cheap.

Andy

welsh__boy
09-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Paddle motor is running fine throughout, had a new 'hall device' which is the 3 wire sensor which senses the rotation of the paddles. I initially thought it was the sensor being faulty thinking the paddle wasn't moving therfor thinking the ice was thick enough. I have got the magnet on order (the one that is on the paddle), but I've put metal on it and the magnet seems very strong considering the size of it.

As for the refrigeration side, doesn't get a chance to get started when it's supposed to freeze, but does start defrosting when the tray drops. I also bypassed/bridged the gas pressure switch incase it thought the gas was low.

Brian_UK
09-10-2008, 08:07 PM
<snip>

As for the refrigeration side, doesn't get a chance to get started when it's supposed to freeze, but does start defrosting when the tray drops. I also bypassed/bridged the gas pressure switch in case it thought the gas was low.So what is the state of the gas charge?

welsh__boy
09-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Couldn't tell you the gas charge as I have not checked it, and wouldn't have thought it would affect the cycle if the gas pressure switch is bridged. I will however check it tomorrow and let you know.

welsh__boy
12-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Asked one of the boys to check the gas charge and they sent a text saying it's fine. Why isn't this machine as simple as the normal paddle machines???

davidnewey
11-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Tray motor loose as soon as water enters tray making it heavy it moves causing magnet and hall device to part company or paddle tension there is a grub screw on left hand side of paddle arm on the spring tension this otherwise simple act of paddle moving through water will slow it down so it thinks it,s made ice

matthewthirlwel
23-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Are NiceIce and Polar same machines and therefore sensors etc. interchangeable or are they different?
need a hall sensor- akro 1.50 for polar, easicook qouted 81.50 !!!! for nice ice hall sensor -total rip off.
Anybody know where to get nice ice parts?
Thankyou

G Cook
24-03-2010, 07:27 PM
I would agree with Andy, had same problem with a Polar, a new paddle motor solved the problem.

Cooldave
30-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Nisbets Bristol order on line

Feckinhellman
29-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Seems to be a common fault .I'm going to tighten up on paddles and set new hall device .A new paddle motor seems to be the next in line ? .