PDA

View Full Version : Common problems?

mercury_blues
07-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Whenever we have a new problem with our TK's, the dealer always tell us "Never heard of that before".

So that got me thinking, how common are these "uncommon problems"?

Things like head gaskets in a TK486... broken push rods, again, in a TK486. What about Code 35 (Pretrip) in a Spectrum SB, that's caused by the voltage regulator? And another thing with these Spectrum's... what with the lame shunt connections? They're always burning out the solder joints...

So... what's on your wish list for TK & Carrier to "get it right"?

Tim

abbsnowman
07-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Wow, staring out right eh? Some TK guys may not like that.
Send me a pm at mark@futureclimates.ca and I will give you some info.
Good to see another Canuck here!

mercury_blues
09-10-2008, 04:30 AM
Whoops... sorry to step on any toes. Are the TK guys that sensitive, lol?

gravy258
01-11-2008, 02:26 AM
yes the TK guys are that sensitive. I posted a similar question to yours and got hammered to the point of getting the thread closed. There a strange bunch, same loyalty worldwide, and same unwillingness to help. There should be a forum for independents only!!

Yes the 486's do use coolant / head gaskets
Yes they do throw up code 15's because the preheater coils are dirty
the shunt resistors, put them in serial.

wish list for getting it right? We don't want them to get it right, we'd be out of a job. If it wasn't for Thermo Kings we'd have no job. :confused:

The Capps'
11-11-2008, 02:34 AM
Whenever we have a new problem with our TK's, the dealer always tell us "Never heard of that before".

So that got me thinking, how common are these "uncommon problems"?

Things like head gaskets in a TK486... broken push rods, again, in a TK486. What about Code 35 (Pretrip) in a Spectrum SB, that's caused by the voltage regulator? And another thing with these Spectrum's... what with the lame shunt connections? They're always burning out the solder joints...

So... what's on your wish list for TK & Carrier to "get it right"?

Tim

Havent seen the broken/bent push rods, but head gaskets Absolutly, almost too common. I will tell you that we had Yanmar engineers at our dealership all last week tearing engines apart and trying to figure out what is going on. And as for the shunts, that had to be poor engineering also, too much current not enough path.

The Capps'
11-11-2008, 02:38 AM
wish list for getting it right? We don't want them to get it right, we'd be out of a job. If it wasn't for Thermo Kings we'd have no job. :confused:

Then we might end up like the maytag repair men.

r-717
09-12-2008, 05:02 AM
this is the shunt fix if you havnt already found it, the tk486 head gasket also has a tsb but I dont have it on this computer

r-717
09-12-2008, 05:16 AM
trying to upload, guess I have a common problem the file is too big, the tsb# T&T 425, if you have a lift gate T&T 90 is helpfull