PDA

View Full Version : Daewoo FRS2031 ice maker how it works

lmarson
06-10-2008, 01:29 PM
After my last message, I have made some more checks. I see how it all works.
The water fills the tray, the tray cools down in about 130 minutes. When the time or the temp being monitored (I sense) is right, the motor starts turning the ice tray. The tray will reach the end of its travel, and the motor will still keep on going giving some torque to the ice tray which bends under the strain, this bending will then release the ice cubes which drop into the box below. At this time also, the tray has been turned enough to cause the microswitch (level) to activate which will cause the motor to revers direction, travel to the other end which is the right position and then fill with water to start the cycle again.
With mine, the piece at the end broke off under the strain, which means they only supply the whole assembly, which with VAT P.P comes to around 70quid. Does anyone know where to get the ice tray on its own instead of buying the whole assembly??

Many thanks and hope this helps someone

karl957
08-10-2008, 09:00 AM
There are many brands that use the same type of ice maker perhaps you could check availability of the ice tray with the other major Korean brands which should be exactly the same from past experience.