PDA

View Full Version : Low temperature self-contained island converted to remote

friocold2008
05-10-2008, 01:27 AM
Due to noise and heat load generation, Iīve been asked to study the possibility of relocating outdoors the compressor/condenser of several self-contained supermarket low temperature islands. But Iīm not too secure about how convenient this conversion would be.
Isnīt it true that these condensers are factory selected to operate indoors in air conditioned spaces with ambient temperatures around 22 degrees C? How well could they perform if relocated outside with ambient temperatures sometimes reaching 35 degrees C? Anyway, even if this relocation is feasible, I donīt think that warranties will be valid any longer. Rigth?

efgh851
06-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Anther great and fast service Knock down by TPL ^^, I love you

multisync
06-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Due to noise and heat load generation, Iīve been asked to study the possibility of relocating outdoors the compressor/condenser of several self-contained supermarket low temperature islands. But Iīm not too secure about how convenient this conversion would be.
Isnīt it true that these condensers are factory selected to operate indoors in air conditioned spaces with ambient temperatures around 22 degrees C? How well could they perform if relocated outside with ambient temperatures sometimes reaching 35 degrees C? Anyway, even if this relocation is feasible, I donīt think that warranties will be valid any longer. Rigth?

No it's not true. Usually condensers are rated at 28/35/43 deg c

How can they know that the room will be air conditioned?

We have done many units and they will work with the existing condenser provided the pipe run isn't abused. If excessive or concerned then up rate the unit accordingly
The warranty will be void unless written permission from the manufacturer is obtained.

Multisync
London

750 Valve
06-10-2008, 12:27 PM
firstly who manufactured the cases (and selected the units to use) I would check their design specs as to max ambient as they may have cheated if they specified they had to be in an air conditioned environment.

If they are sized at something rediculous, just sell the store some more units that are more appropriate in the design ambient selection