PDA

View Full Version : evaporator temperature

payoute
04-10-2008, 01:08 AM
the temperature at the begining of an evaporator is always the lowest when the system is on cooling mode?

ChuongXuan
04-10-2008, 02:21 AM
:eek:Thank everyone

icecube51
04-10-2008, 08:22 AM
try to play whit coolpack, there you get answers to you're questions like this.

Ice

casstrig
04-10-2008, 03:06 PM
This is not a question but a statement of the fact that the temperature is lowest at the beginning of the evaporator as it hasn't picked up any heat yet and at the end superheat will stop liquid refrigerant from entering the compressor.

taz24
04-10-2008, 03:18 PM
the temperature at the begining of an evaporator is always the lowest when the system is on cooling mode?

Hi Payoute

I'm not sure if you are asking a question or if you are makeing a statement :) but yes you are correct.

If you want to know exactly what is happening inside the evap then there are software packages that can help you.

In the evap the temp will be almost the same all the way through all the way up to about the last return on the evap coil where the liquid has boiled off and is pure vapour. It is a crude rule of thumb but works for most aplications.

If you measure the pressure which tells you the saturated temp of the refrigerant in the evap, at the evaporator and measure the temp of the evap coils with a good touch probe thermomitor both readings should be simmilar.

Cheers taz.

icecube51
04-10-2008, 04:23 PM
thats what i ment Taz24, if you are interested in things like this, play whit coolpack and discover wat is going on inside a plant,even when its wrong,you learn wat can and cant be don.

Ice

payoute
04-10-2008, 11:20 PM
it was a statement

thanks every one for your quick answer

chillyblue
05-10-2008, 10:45 AM
i've seen and played with coolpack a few times but it seems really complicated to use.

CB