PDA

View Full Version : build own heat pump

aidank
02-10-2008, 10:10 AM
hi all,

new here but very interested in heat pumps (mechanical enginereing masters from college) anyone ever built their own, would love to see the calculations around it, and whether it actually worked out efficient or not, information is scant enough on the web about such things

nando
02-10-2008, 05:31 PM
hello,
in belgium they pay us for information like this
greetings

icecube51
02-10-2008, 06:40 PM
made one from scraps once, worked but didn't make notes. i just love to make things whit stuff that comes free at hand.it was a water/water pump.
hope to do it again some day,but for real then.

Ice

Peter_1
03-10-2008, 06:37 AM
hello,
in belgium they pay us for information like this
greetings

I'm from Belgium, I give information for free and that's why this forum was set up: share common information between each other...for free.

nike123
03-10-2008, 09:20 AM
hi all,

new here but very interested in heat pumps (mechanical enginereing masters from college) anyone ever built their own, would love to see the calculations around it, and whether it actually worked out efficient or not, information is scant enough on the web about such things

Do you mean by "heat-pump" to reversible cooling/heating or only heating?

aidank
03-10-2008, 10:12 PM
heat pump as in heating pump, pump heat from cold area to area to be heated, not interested in the air-con side not warm enough in Ireland to interest anyone, anyway anyone with any info feel free to share

Brian_UK
03-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Thread closed as Aidank has posted a fuller question here...

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=121602#post121602