PDA

View Full Version : Greenline ground loop heat pump

Chris2005
01-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi all

I have a relation that is thinking of getting a greenline ground source heat pump installed.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea of how much electricity they use and how effecient they are.

All i no is that they say it takes 3.0 kw to start and 2.4kw to run the system.

Many thanks chris.

Budicus
01-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Dear Chris;

The Greenline range is made by IVT (for about 38 years) in Sweden and distributed by Ice Energy (for about 8 years) in the UK and Northern Ireland (and very recently joined by Worcester Bosch, so if you speak to them be careful as their knowledge and experience is very limited as far as heat pumps go).

How much electricity they use depends on the weather, how hot you want the heating and the hot water and how well insulated your house is.

The IVT machine's seasonally adjusted COP is 4:1, beware of some companies that quote higher figures, as they are prob quoting you summer running figures, not ones taken over a whole year!

The start current and running current figures you have been given do not sound right and I would suggest calling Ice Energy Heat Pumps for clarification. I have had dealings with them in the past and they do seem by far the most knowledgable in their field, they say they have supplied more domestic heat pumps than anyone else in the UK.

I hope that helps and good luck with your project.

Chris2005
04-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Hi Budicus

Thanks for your reply

I found out some more info on the greenline heat pump they have been quoted for two 19kw units.

They are worried about getting in this system incase there electric bills go through the roof as the system is going to cost quite a bit to get installed.

Is there any other systems out there which they could consider for there under floor heating.

Many thanks

Chris

Brian_UK
04-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Dear Chris;

The Greenline range is made by IVT (for about 38 years) in Sweden and distributed by Ice Energy (for about 8 years) in the UK and Northern Ireland (and very recently joined by Worcester Bosch, so if you speak to them be careful as their knowledge and experience is very limited as far as heat pumps go).

How much electricity they use depends on the weather, how hot you want the heating and the hot water and how well insulated your house is.

The IVT machine's seasonally adjusted COP is 4:1, beware of some companies that quote higher figures, as they are prob quoting you summer running figures, not ones taken over a whole year!

The start current and running current figures you have been given do not sound right and I would suggest calling Ice Energy Heat Pumps for clarification. I have had dealings with them in the past and they do seem by far the most knowledgable in their field, they say they have supplied more domestic heat pumps than anyone else in the UK.

I hope that helps and good luck with your project.I think Budicus that you should at least be up front with your comment against Worcester Bosch and the fact that you are directly connected with Ice Energy.:mad:

If you are trying for free advertising then be advised that the forum does not approve of it.:(

leftjobrunning
22-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Hi Budicus

Thanks for your reply

I found out some more info on the greenline heat pump they have been quoted for two 19kw units.

They are worried about getting in this system incase there electric bills go through the roof as the system is going to cost quite a bit to get installed.

Is there any other systems out there which they could consider for there under floor heating.

Many thanks

Chris
Is this a house we are talking about Chris? What size roughly?