PDA

View Full Version : Do you see Modulines??

Futsal1st
01-10-2008, 03:54 AM
I have a building in Sydney that uses Carrier Modulines. The building is full of the American Moduline (37HS series). I am happy with the modulines but am astounded by the cost of parts. A new filter, regulator and thermostat cost around $700.00 AUS each (parts only). :rolleyes:
I am told that they now longer use modulines in the states. Is that true?? I have been told that are still popular in Europe.

If they are no longer used, what do you guys upgrade too? Normal VAV boxs work on around 1/2" - 1"WG duct pressure, but the moduline works on around 2 1/2" - 3" WG and therefore the ducts are smaller.

nadeem
15-10-2008, 05:02 PM
May some one can tell me which post is higher grade? Supervisor or Foreman

imac
15-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Carrier Moduline units are still made and used in Europe. In my opinion they are excellent, usually the problems are leaking tubes, blocked control filters and broken thermostat adjustment flags. The parts are not cheap, but generally do not fail. I reckon they are simply, easy and brilliant. You can buy a service kit with the complete control set (filter, reg and thermostat) which is usually the cheapest way of buying the parts.