PDA

View Full Version : Help please.....

zemo86
29-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Hi, I have a Whirlpool side by side fridge freezer with one Ice dispensor.

The fridge comartment is now the freezer department. It is over freezing. Everyday we are starting to through food away.

Please help and advise!

Thanks

The Viking
29-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Get a professional engineer in to have a look at it.

Might be a fan, might be a thermostat, might be a lot of things but it will be cheaper to pay someone than to keep throwing food away.

expat
29-09-2008, 08:59 PM
You seem a little green in the fridge department, so Viking's advice is probably the best.

You might however look to see if the little flap that lets cold air from the freezer into the fridge has not been jammed open by ice or something else. If this is the case you need to free it up so that it closes when the fridge compartment reaches desired temperature.

Good luck and all.

zemo86
30-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Where is this little flap?
Many thanks

expat
30-09-2008, 10:58 AM
I don't work on domestic fridges but I happened to have fixed a whirlpool for a friend recently and the way it cooled the fridge compartment was by a thermostat opening a trap that let cold from the freezer side into the fridge side.

Assuming yours does the same the reason why your fridge side is getting too cold could be either the thermostat is not telling the trap to shut when the temp is right or that the trap is stuck open. Could be a lot of other things though.

As for where the trap is (if your fridge even has one) well, I would need a model number to check that out. But it shouldn't be too hard to find. It will be an opening between the fridge and freezer compartment.