PDA

View Full Version : Reason for suction line very hot

balaji
29-09-2008, 10:11 AM
As i went for a site visit i noticed that one of the split or VRV (iam not confirm ) suction line is very hot what would be the possible cause or the unit is designed like that. to the best of my knowledge i beleive that as long as the suction temperature is low we can protect the compressor from overheat and abnormal head pressure. or this may be due to indoor or outdoor capillary can anybody brief me pls
with regards,
S. Balaji

TRASH101
29-09-2008, 10:48 AM
It may have been in reverse cycle. A brief look at a system is never enough to make an informed opinion of performance.

If it is bothering you go and have a proper look;)

paul_h
29-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Service valve hot or hot between reversing valve and compressor?
The external suction line running hot means it's running on heat mode.
The real suction line is inside the unit and runs between the reversing valve and compressor, that part shouldn't be hot at any time.

M.Amer
29-09-2008, 02:48 PM
I experienced da same trouble in a ac unite after investigating found compressor valves R leaking internally causing hi back prs & hi such line temp,u need to check both side prss.

zosoguy
13-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Compressor suction valve plate might got damaged so dischrge gas come out of suction valve...

2007eng
13-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I think that depends on the refrigerant type and the circuit design. Revise the service manual of the unit and look for the suction line temp and pressure at the heating mode.

icecube51
13-10-2008, 10:47 PM
most vrv systems have a computer program to see what is going on. don't go on wet finger technic whit vrv or vrf. always have a trustworthy back-up at hand.

Ice