PDA

View Full Version : compressor packs

Mark
16-02-2004, 10:45 PM
hi:)

If anyone wishes to post any pictures of supermarket etc packs.I would be interested in viewing .

Come on there must be other supermarket refrigeration engineers about?

regards mark

750 Valve
19-02-2004, 12:43 PM
Don't worry, I'll show you how we do it down under... :D

Gary
19-02-2004, 12:50 PM
Don't worry, I'll show you how we do it down under...

I'm thinking your avatar does that. :D

Mark
22-02-2004, 03:32 PM
good answer Gary:D

Mark
23-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Hi penguinkiller:)
You will need to add jpg attachment to your post:)

Mark
23-02-2004, 08:54 PM
yes good schematic:)

From the states?

Regards Mark:)

Mark
23-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Is he cleaning the pack and plantroom:D :D

chemi-cool
23-02-2004, 09:27 PM
lol mark,

doesnt he looks underwater, wearing goggles and holdingthe snorkle in his hand?

chemi

Reeferjon
24-02-2004, 10:10 AM
Does anyone have any pics of Hussman packs that I could use.
Thanks.

Mark
24-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Hi All:)

Small scroll pack pictured 7-9 years old refrigerant R404a.

Mark
24-02-2004, 08:35 PM
Hi:)

Packs pictured incorporate a Bitzer reciprocating compressor set up made by pro-froid installed by coldservice ltd ,around 600hp
refrigerant R404A.
Has been in operation around 18-24 months.

rbartlett
25-02-2004, 07:56 AM
re;referjons request..

got a few of young marc and moi on a hussman pack..

rbartlett
25-02-2004, 07:57 AM
another

rbartlett
25-02-2004, 07:57 AM
and another

rbartlett
25-02-2004, 07:58 AM
and yet another.

Bones
25-02-2004, 09:55 AM
rbartlett,

your ass would be toast in aus if workcover was to walk in and see you work like that...

put much time in there through maintainence and cleanliness obviously looks good though, although not as sparkly as markfiddy's :P

Reeferjon
25-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Thanks guys.

rbartlett
25-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Bones
rbartlett,

your ass would be toast in aus if workcover was to walk in and see you work like that...

put much time in there through maintainence and cleanliness obviously looks good though, although not as sparkly as markfiddy's :P

who the bloody hell is 'workcover'

cheers

richard

p.s we spent absolutely no time cleaning it -we were there to fix it not make it shine

Mark
25-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by rbartlett
who the bloody hell is 'workcover'

cheers

richard

p.s we spent absolutely no time cleaning it -we were there to fix it not make it shine

Lol Bones you asked for that:D

Mark
25-02-2004, 07:32 PM
The purpose of the thread was to allow engineers a chance to show the packs they work on whether it be clean,dirty,good condition,bad condition,whatever condition its still interesting to share with other people.

WebRam
25-02-2004, 08:43 PM
so I can post all my 17 year old slag rooms then :D

Mark
25-02-2004, 08:45 PM
what ever turns you on webram:D

Bones
26-02-2004, 09:59 AM
WORKCOVER enforce OH&S Laws

A government organisation that monitors and fines people personaly as well as the co. responsible if they show up to a job site, which they can show up announced and unannounced and find workers in breach of ocupational health and safety act (a fairly lengthy bit of legal mumbo jumbo!)

basically... we cannot do anything that is unsafe and have a responsibility not to do a particular task unless all relivent safety equipement is worn and procedures put in place are adhered too...

basically we cant do any job until we fill out a job risk assessment card... and what we are doing to ensure no one or anything will get injured or harmed whilst performing that particular job...

eg:
Job: R/C Package unit not running 233 Peel street.
*we get there, need to climb ladder to roof roughly 2story high...

sequred ladder and tied off, wear safety harness (all heights over 1.8m require safety harness! regardless of flat roof), safety glases
etc... etc... note anything that might be a "potential risk"...(time consuming).

if workcover happen to be driving past and see you on a roof or performing what they perceive to be a dangerous task they can ask you for your risk assessment card... dont have one?... personal fine, business fined... for failing to wear proper safety equipement, personal fine... business fined...

-------------------------------------------------------------

i think it is within everyones best interest to have some sort of system in place to protect people from possible accidents, but when they take longer then the job you are supposed to be doing it gets beyond a joke... and adds to even more time filling out paper work etc... if it gets more out of hand we will be going to work with full face helmets on wearing pillows! driving service trucks speed limited to 20K's hr, there is no such thing as accountability anymore...

oh yeah... and once you fill out a card... make sure no one requires medical attention or gets injured. because the person who filled out the card is responsible, even if it was for arguments sake a Jr who disregards it...

frank
26-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Hi Bones

This sounds very much like the CDM regs we now have to adhere to (Construction Design & Management). Applys really to any new project but as yet does not encompass service and maintenance, although if you went out to do a repair job and fell off the roof then they would ask for your risk assessment!

As you say - it seems to be a case of passing the buck so that it is the form filler that gets it in the neck and not the company. Each man is his own H & S officer because we won't do it unless we think that it is safe to do so. Maybe it's their way of making us pay for their shortcomings.

Maybe when we fall off the roof and get fined we could sue the roof owner for having an unsafe roof? :eek:

Frank

Mark
26-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Hi all
Not directly connected but you have to be tested to work on a building site now, labourer,painter and decorator,carpenter etc required to pass a test .On completion a card is issued and then you can work on certain sites.
CSA i believe ??
It certainly must apply to a/c and refrigeration engineers on site.
Any thoughts
Regards Mark :)

frank
26-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Hi Mark

I think you mean the CITB Skillcard registration scheme. All our people are registered. Have a look at this link http://www.skillcard.org.uk/

Mine is the Gold Card

frank

chemi-cool
26-02-2004, 08:41 PM
hi frank,

is'nt there too many cards?

do you need a card to enter a pub?

chemi :)

rbartlett
26-02-2004, 09:09 PM
although i agree with the idea behind skillcards -and really look forward to the day's of a strictly enforced 'corgi' type registration
presently skillcards arn't worth the plastic they're written on..

cheers

richard

skill card holder =platinuim

Mark
26-02-2004, 09:47 PM
yes thats right frank:) part of the CITB called CSCS construction skills certification scheme.
Not a mandatory requirement, but some larger building sites insist on it.

Regards Mark :D

frank
26-02-2004, 09:59 PM
skill card holder =platinuim

Indicates a management card if I'm not wrong :)

grabber01
26-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Skillcards seem to be a good idea, but do we think Mr Smith who has a broken fridge will want to see it, i dont think so it will just be the big industrial companies.

Its going to be up to you supervisors/managers/directors to push this through. the more companies get involved the quicker it will come about. On the negative side, has anyone ever been asked for their gas handling certificate ?

Mark
26-02-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by grabber01
Skillcards seem to be a good idea, but do we think Mr Smith who has a broken fridge will want to see it, i dont think so it will just be the big industrial companies.

Its going to be up to you supervisors/managers/directors to push this through. the more companies get involved the quicker it will come about. On the negative side, has anyone ever been asked for their gas handling certificate ?

Yes this is a obligatory certificate when working at certain supermarket groups.(etc)

Mark
26-02-2004, 10:59 PM
Hi penguin killer:)

Try and keep positive,its not all bad:) .

grabber01
26-02-2004, 11:23 PM
Although i rarely work at a major supermarket the question still is have you ever been asked for your' GH certificate.

WIll there be any policing (Cant think of a better word) if skill cards come in

Mark
27-02-2004, 07:21 AM
Hi penguinkiller:)

Its no wonder you feel like this,anyone who does NVQ etc or training in refrigeration etc should be given encouragement to succeed and achieve something.
There are plenty of people who will try and get you down penguinkilller,but if you keep a positive attitude they soon give up.

chemi-cool
27-02-2004, 12:42 PM
hi guys,

now I know why you need skillcards.

its not for you, but for your customers.

by holding a skillcard, you cover their ass. also the company that sends you to a major supermarket to fix something, has to know who to send for the job so, only skillcard holders with a certain colour and up can go.

now your company is coverd in case something goes wrong.

which makes you again a number instead of a name!!

rings a bell?

frank
27-02-2004, 04:28 PM
There's a little more to it than that Chemi. To obtain a skillcard you have to pass a health and safety test - pretty basic but at least you have to study to pass. So anyone with a skillcard can already prove that he has a basic understanding of H&S on the worksite. This at least lets the client know that whoever shows up on site is educated to a certain level and should not be doing any dangerous things regarding H & S.

Also, after you have passed the H&S test and you apply for the card you have to submit proof of your qualifications, copy certificates etc. These are listed on the back of the skillcard so if anyone asks for sight of your safe handling cert. you just have to show your card. All the skillcard details are kept on a central register and you can phone up to check on anyone's skillcard to see if it's genuine.

If you are only an apprentice or just a helper without qualifications then you are only issued with a skillcard that reflects this. When they issue the skillcards, the colour of the skillcard is decided by the issuer dependant upon your qualifications. The platinum and black cards denote management levels. Although I could have applied for one of these (being a director) I didn't as I wouldn't be able to work on site.

chemi-cool
27-02-2004, 05:11 PM
thanks for the explanation frank.

ok, so the card is a proof that the holder has some education.

still all those papers dont do to me much,

look at all the people with driving permits, it shows that they have some education in driving, but can they drive? rtry to remember how many times, in the pasanger seat, your hand moved slowly to the door handle when you had thoughts of jumping to sve your life.
how many times your right foot searched for the break peddal and it wast there?

all these people have another kind of skillcard.

my point is that eventualy, you will have to prove what you are in a deed and not in a card.

I have this problem every time I seat with a new client talking about maintenance contract. "show me what can you do" is a common sentence.

I know in the uk you do not have identity cards, does your skillcard has a picture?

woops emergency call.

will be back in a few hours.

chemi

rbartlett
27-02-2004, 06:47 PM
moi..

cheers

richard

Latte
27-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Just been on the website for skillcards and it looks like it's more down to the employer as you have to give details of work.

Oh Well, Down to you Mr S to put this one to Merv

Regards

Raymond

chemi-cool
27-02-2004, 07:54 PM
richard,

will you please post a picture of the other side of your skillcard.

I would like to make one for myself...........just in case.........

thanks

chemi

p.s. also the size.

frank
27-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Sounds like the drivers in Israel have a lot to learn :D :D now where's the handbrake?? :D

I hear what you are saying Chemi but at least here in the UK with a big cowboy problem it's a start. I've had one of my suppliers tell me that one of my competitors was enquiring after buying a piece of kit and then asking how to fit it!? :eek: see what I mean? :)

Any thing that can eliminate the unskilled from taking our work and undercutting us on cost has got to be a good thing.

Remember that we need to get our profit margins up again as this will enable us to re-invest in tomorrows egineers ;)

Yes the skillcard does have a picture but still doesn't tell the customer how well you can do a job :(

chemi-cool
27-02-2004, 08:32 PM
thanks frank,

I've downloaded the request application for a skillcard in case richard will not send a picture of the back side of his card.

drivers? we can export them to who ever wants them.
most of them are the worst in the world.

the mean death toll is 550 a year out of 3000000 drivers!!!

I should be wearing a crush helmet in a car.

I have gain some of my driving expiriance in donington park
so I am the master of escape, untouchable on the road.

chemi :) :)

rbartlett
27-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by chemi-cool
richard,

will you please post a picture of the other side of your skillcard.

I would like to make one for myself...........just in case.........

thanks

chemi

p.s. also the size.

chemi i think one side is plenty...

just releasing a picture of me into israel will be enough to send the birth rate through the roof... (just don't ask what the girls are thinking about when they close their eyes ;-)

cheers

richard

chemi-cool
27-02-2004, 08:39 PM
which girls?

chemi :) :D :) :D

frank
27-02-2004, 08:54 PM
When were you at Donnington Chemi?? Only about 20 minutes from my house :)

please don't think I'm taking the p*ss and I'm proud of your understanding of english but I really like the way you've just written " I should be wearing a CRUSH helmet in a car" :) Just fantastic mate!!

chemi-cool
27-02-2004, 09:10 PM

was living in leicester and barnsly for a while.

ectualy, my first ice skating expiriance was in notingham!

I've also passed there on my way to scotland last october.

you should tell the council to do something about that bus station.

its really dangerous there.

frank
27-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Can't talk to the Council - they might then realise who I am and start asking why I haven't paid my Council Tax! :D

P.S.

We've now got a brand new ice stadium which doubles for a concert hall - saw elton john and rod stewart there last year. Sad though that they had to rip out the old ammonia kit to install new screws for the ice rink.

chemi-cool
27-02-2004, 09:16 PM
good point

chemi

chemi-cool
27-02-2004, 09:20 PM
hi frank,

what I like about reading and writing in this forum apart from the technical side, there is no ACCENT in writing.

I'd be lost if I had to hear all of you speaking :D :D :D

chemi

rbartlett
27-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by chemi-cool
which girls?

chemi :) :D :) :D

ah know wonder.....

http://transsexual.org/Dana.html

cheers

richard

chemi-cool
27-02-2004, 09:56 PM
bad taste richard,

pam anderson is more likley :)

chemi

Bones
01-03-2004, 08:25 AM
hey guys just got back from a weekend away...

your skillcards must be similar to our contractors license, issued by dept fair trading here.

the only problem with having so many different licenses here at the moment is every license you have to pay a seperate government body. being an apprentice i have passed CFC/HCFC refrigerant using and safe handaling etc in my first year and got a license for "user/puchaser" $99 for 1 year this cost me, renewable each year...

plus when i become a tradesman, i will have to purchase a seperate license to perform tasks of my trade (ie refrigeration). then if i want to train an apprentice i need a supervisors license... to sub-contract etc... i need a contactors license...

at least 4 seperate licenses if not more... just to go to work an earn a crust... all renewable every 12 months i'm sure. couldn't they put these onto one license? and like reduce the yearly cost by about 400%? or if not at least put the money back into the industry through colleges and training facilities...

it sure as hell doesn't cost $99 to enter me into a database of people with cfc/hcfc licenses spit out a plastic card and mail it to me...