PDA

View Full Version : fridge is leaking

d1ckc
27-09-2008, 10:18 AM
fisher paykel model E4028 . several times daily there is a puddle of water seemingly coming from the lower (freezer) compartment there is also a small ammount of ice build up on the floor of the freezer compartment . i have tried altering the individual temperature controls and have looked at the water collection tray above the compressor which is empty.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT, THANKS.

taz24
27-09-2008, 11:16 AM
fisher paykel model E4028 . several times daily there is a puddle of water seemingly coming from the lower (freezer) compartment there is also a small ammount of ice build up on the floor of the freezer compartment . i have tried altering the individual temperature controls and have looked at the water collection tray above the compressor which is empty.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT, THANKS.

I'm not familiar with that particular fridge / freezer but the waste water should drain into the tray on the compressor.
You need to find where the drain is (it will be under the evaporator) and clear it out with somthing like a pipe cleaner. If the drain is in the freezer then you might want to empty the thing and let it defrost over night before you look at it.

Cheers taz.

chillin out
27-09-2008, 11:18 AM
The drain at the back is blocked.

Get a small pipe cleaner and clean the drain at the back (inside) of the fridge and if there is one in the freezer.

Also defrost is fully to clear all ice.

Chillin:):)