PDA

View Full Version : How come my freezer makes an ice maker like sound?

dude
16-02-2004, 01:51 PM
My chest freezer makes an ice maker like sound(click, crackle, crackle) somewhere from the cabinet or refrigerant lines shortly after the compressor kicks in.

This freezer have no moving parts except for compressor.

Where is this noise coming from?

Peter_1
16-02-2004, 02:40 PM
If you hear a sound +/- similar to the sound as you hear when there are small water droplets in baking oil (French Fries, one of Belgium's specialties), then overheat is not correct (too small) whereby small droplets of liquid '*****' enters in the hot sump (mostly the discharge pipe goes through the sump to heat the oil) and this droplet 'explode' due to the very high temperature difference.

Mostly associated with an completely frosted up evaporator.

Look inside if evaporator is clean and free of ice. Otherwise, I don't have an idea.

PS : Talking about FrenchFries: Ever heard of a French Fries shop? There is no correct english translation for it I think. Some sort of fast food.
We have thousands (+/- 8.000) of them in Belgium. There are even books published of this.

And a driving van who sells ice cream from house to house?
We made last week an offer for 3 of this for Dubai.
It seems not existing there and there must be a market for this, especially over there when it's always hot.

Som pictures of older Frietkots.

http://www.ping.be/pinball/belgofun.html

rbartlett
16-02-2004, 05:18 PM
forget all that french fries nosnsense

try -

http://www.harryramsdens.co.uk/about/history.html

ice cream?
http://www.donovans-icecreamvans.co.uk/index.htm

cheers

richard

chemi-cool
16-02-2004, 06:00 PM
hey dude,
I can only add that some times, one of the springs that hold the motor brakes or move out of place so the motor is knocking on the shell.

also, check that copper pipes are not touching each other.

richard. where the newspaper gone?
without it, fish and chips will never be the same.

chemi

frank
16-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Hi peter

Here in England they are called Fish & Chip shops. Can't seem to find them much elsewhere in the world although I have savoured the mobile version in both Germany and Holland. On my trip to Australia at Xmas we found lots of English style Fish & Chips shops and took advantage on many occasions. Really fattening and great with a cold beer. Can't really seem to get the mushy peas though - must be an English thing :D

Frank

chemi-cool
16-02-2004, 09:14 PM
hi frank

have to agree with you,
there is nothing like hot, greasy, and fresh fish and chips.

from some reason, when not in the UK, it never tastes as good.

chemi

frank
16-02-2004, 09:34 PM
chemi

do you ask for the batter bits on your chips? :D

Frank

chemi-cool
16-02-2004, 09:48 PM
yes sir!
I do

cemi

750 Valve
21-02-2004, 07:08 AM
MMMM, Chips with chicken salt and vinegar. The shops are called Milk Bars over here, its a throw back to the old days, but we'd have thousands of them, staple diets of the middle class, fish, chips and hamburgers (REAL burgers, not like McAvg.)

dude
21-02-2004, 11:47 PM
It's not metal to metal banging sound from compressor motor colliding with the shell...

It's more like click click click sound from a ball valve on a water heater.

mohamed khamis
06-03-2006, 11:33 AM
i need software to design ice cream freezer or the optimum method to design it

mohamed khamis
06-03-2006, 12:52 PM
i need software to design ice cream freezer or the optimum method to design it

phil68
06-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Are you sure there isn't someone trapped inside the freezer?:D
It's probably either the skin condenser expanding inside the blown foam or the ice on the inside walls cracking due to the difference in temp. between the evap & the ice itself. How thick is the ice on the inside?