PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Cookies

frank
22-09-2008, 08:49 PM
I've just had a scare with a Trojan Virus so I've invested in SPYWAREfighter 2.0.60, which, thankfully, has shown my system to be bug free.
http://www.spamfighter.com/Spywarefighter/Download_Download.asp

However, while on this site, I get nothing but pop ups showing that TrackingCookie2o7 is being detected.

It is happening every time a page is loaded and it's starting to annoy me. DON'T get me started...............

Is it Google or something else?

Dez???

Brian_UK
22-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Is Spyware what you need Frank if you had a Trojan Virus?

Is your Anti-Virus software in need of an update perhaps if that got through.

With the Anti-Spyware software, is it possible to accept certain ones to prevent these pop-ups ?

Toosh
23-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Hi Frank if you are on explorer go to internet options and clear all cookies, but if that does not do it you probably got a virus.

Regards Norm

Donnie
23-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Download Malwarebytes (just google it)
reboot your pc into safe mode and run the program.
This should sort your problem.

chillerman2006
23-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi Frank

I think your find the cookies here dont just keep you logged in but also track site movements to help load pages quicker, by part loading from memory, its quite common on websites

Best to purchase anti virus software as have tried a number of free in the past (some listed above) and then used another to check pc and they have missed quite a bit...latest norton takes care of virus's, spyware, adware, website aunthentication, operating system abnormalities, firewall, stealths your ports to prevent hacker intrusion... its alot better than it used to be and hardly touches your processor/memory... runs real smooth

R's chillerman

Brian_UK
23-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Check the dates fellas, I think he sorted it three years ago. ;) :)

chillerman2006
24-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Check the dates fellas, I think he sorted it three years ago. ;) :)

haha...thanks Brian....Donnie leading me up garden path:eek:

mikeref
24-09-2011, 11:13 AM
haha...thanks Brian....Donnie leading me up garden path:eek: Not the only one caught out C.M.

MikeHolm
24-09-2011, 05:14 PM
hah, glad i waited

mikeref
24-09-2011, 06:42 PM
hah, glad i waited HA! .. Jump or be pushed comes to mind. Would not be the only one to to miss the date of the 1'st post:o. Thanks Brian for pointing out these fellows blunders :rolleyes:..Mike (Aus, not Toronto:)).

frank
24-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the helpful hints guys...but, as Brian points out - all sorted now (Win 7 upgrade) :D