PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba split

philjd26
22-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I have an old r22, 10kw with an icing up problem it seving a comms room and would imagine it doesnt have much moisture in the air, as this system would be preset to a certain head pressure for cap tube, would there be excess liquid flood back due to this??? Also condenser in basement with a fairly big pipe run any issue there... Any ides appriciated??

Rgrds phil

Kp3
22-09-2008, 06:55 PM
wat is it high wall, 4 way cast or wat. cud be SOG

coolbone69
22-09-2008, 09:39 PM
guess youve checked the usual gas charge,set point and cutting out on temp?

ianybeany
22-09-2008, 09:56 PM
After confirming thats its not a gas charge issue (pre charged to 20 m ), filters blocked and condenser clean (the usual), more likely it is undersized and probably left at 18 C with auto fan on . Very common problem in comms rooms. Tell them not to put unit below 20 C and leave on high fan.

philjd26
23-09-2008, 02:47 PM
yeah i have found that when i adjust set point it does stop the icing up of the suction, however the set point does be set 18 and fan high.....

The Viking
23-09-2008, 04:50 PM
And the humidity in the room is?

If it's below 35% you know what the problem is...

Thermatech
23-09-2008, 10:53 PM
If the outdoor unit is in basement & a large lift hight to indoor unit then you could have some liquid flash in liquid line then reduced refrigerant flow through indoor unit & then low suction pressure / frosted suction.
Add low indoor humidity & this all gets even worse.

Try pushing up the discharge pressure by reducing air flow through outdoor coil.
If this works & you can get better suction pressure / temp with higher discharge pressure then investigate alternative low ambient HP control set up.