PDA

View Full Version : High Humidity in Plate freezer room

smpsmp45
22-09-2008, 06:56 AM
In one of our installation, we have Ten plate freezers. They are of open type ( i.e. no insulated enclosure). There is a foggy condition all the time when they are in operation. The client had installed one AC system to remove the moisture, but that is not very satisfactory.
The System works on Ammonia ( -40 Deg Evap) with pump Feed system.

The plate freezers are washed every time after one cycle & we believe that is one of the main source of high humidity.

Will Insulated Enclosure be the best solution?
The Processing hall is next to this room. There is lot of washing / steam generation in that room.

ntfreezer
22-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Is that vertical plate freezer ?Could you sent some pictures to us?

Brian_UK
22-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Would improved ventilation be possible in the space to remove the moist air rather than trying to dehumidify it.

smpsmp45
23-09-2008, 08:13 AM
I shall get the photos of the site. Those are HZ plate freezers. We tried with Ventilation system. I believe that the issues is since the plate freezers are of open type, the Cold air cools the ceiling panels up to the Dew point & hence ceiling forms water droplets all over. There is a AC system fitted for this room. But when the air circulates, the very cold air gets all over in the room- again due to open type of freezers???