PDA

View Full Version : New compressor design

shogun7
15-02-2004, 12:55 AM
I haven't been on this web site long enough to know what is new technologies for you all S00, I thought this web site might be of interest to you!!
http://www.turbocor.com/literature/
also you may find this a good site for those of you who do or want to know more on DDC Controls http://www.ddc-online.org/

best wishes, Roger mens sana in corpore sano

chemi-cool
15-02-2004, 04:05 PM
hi shogun,

interesting but one of my rules says, never be the first to try something new.

let them run for a few years and then we will see the % of the market that uses it and get all the pro's and con's and we all get smatrer.

all in all, an interesting idea.

I wiil keep watching them.

chemi

baker
16-02-2004, 04:35 AM
It will be interesting to see which of the 2 oilless technologies does best.

This Australian/Canadian effort uses magnetic bearings while the US/Swedish (Trane and SKF) effort uses ceramic bearings.

We will need a good few failures to see what the repairs cost, and thus which system is the best value for money.

Bones
16-02-2004, 08:34 AM
aussie bloke came up with the idea for the turbcor, had a factory in melbourne i think, but no one was interested in supporting him here and someone in canada threw him a lifeline now look how far he has gorne.

typical aussie nature, we only truely appreciate fellow country men when they make success overseas, but until they do no one will suppot them here.

from what i have read about the turbocor product, it will totaly change the way we handle systems for the better, the only downside i can remember is the size and weight of the actual compressor itself, but they are in the process of decreasing the size and lets face it, we are used to the weight by now

Brian_UK
16-02-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Bones
typical aussie nature, we only truely appreciate fellow country men when they make success overseas, but until they do no one will suppot them here.
Don't take it personally Bones, it's an old British habit ;)