PDA

View Full Version : Trane CROE1

Peter_1
14-02-2004, 02:34 PM
Anyone experience with an open compressor of Trane CROE1C005BP.O?
Installed in the slaughtery where from I posted some pictures.

Had a call yesterday and again this morning: oil sump 3/4 full, oil differential pressure +/- 0,5 bar. --> Oil pressure cut-out.

Opened cover on suction side where oil pump is located. Suction filters inside are clean, oil filter cleaned (sort of hermetic type and so in fact no cleanable) --> same effect.

What I saw was a worn out of the inner rotating star of the oil pump. The teeth of the star weren't equal shaped anymore, all the left side of them where flattened. Same for the inner part wherein the teeth are turning.

Had also copper plating.

Pump is fitted with bolts with 12 corners (whats the name of this because i hadn't the right tool with me for this and I need it next week)

Question: I couldn't locate where the oil pump was sucking the oil out of the sump. Perhaps there is somewhere indeed a clogged oil filter I have to clean. Does someone now where it is?

Anyway, I ordered already a new pump in France. Hopes they have it in stock.

Will make some pictures of it (If I don't forget my camera) when opening it.

Mark
14-02-2004, 03:32 PM
hello peter:)
Im not familiar with the Trane CROE1C005BP.O by saying its open type do you mean the drive motor and compressor are seperate ie connected by a shaft peter?
regards mark:)

Gary
14-02-2004, 04:08 PM
Another thing to watch for is motor overload. If the motor cycles off on its overload, the oil switch may be wired such that it times out and opens. Then the motor overload resets itself, while the oil switch does not.

Mark
14-02-2004, 04:39 PM
peter
Have a look at this site .

http://www.cmpcorp.com

regards mark:)

Peter_1
14-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Mark, Gary,

I will try to make pictures very close of the damage (I think it's damage).

Motor is indeed separted with a flexibel coupling between them.
The oil filter is not fitted as usually seen in semi-hermetic machines (Prestcold, Copeland..)
It's too dificult to explain, see attached picture from an old manual I found.

The upper 'round things' you see are the suction filters, the lower big one is the oil filter (hermetic sealed mesh wire).
There is no connection between this oilfilter and the oil pump. Oilpump must sucking somewhere in the lower part of the sump.

The link you gave can be interesting in that way that if Trane France has no spare pump, I have already another adress where I can try.

Gary, OSD is wired so that after timeout, compressor is cut-off till someone reset it.

Same for motor protection: if AMP's are too high, breaker opens and remains open till someone reset it.

Switch-cupboard (1960) is a real nightmare, posted in the past pictures of it. Have now separate webspace (800MB and cheap 70 $/year compared to the 20 Mb I had in the past) somewhere in the US (www.bgfweb.com) where I can leave this pictures.

AMP's on driving motor are normal.

shogun7
14-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Copper plating is usually an indication of oil break down, moisture and acid condition, the copper usually comes from the bearing inserts ...this can lead to oil pressure loss and low oil pressure so I would take an acid reading on the oil and maybe pull out a piston to ck the inserts and mike the shaft for proper tolerance.
carpe diem

chemi-cool
15-02-2004, 04:38 PM
hi peter,

the bolts you are talking about are used also inside car engines.

I do not know if they have a special name but any socket rench with 12 corners will do. I suspect it is an inch size.

with the oil pump, you simply have to replace it.

I spoke to me compressors rebuilder and he said that there is a filter in the sump and a pipe is carrying the oil to the pump.

if you dont find a pump in france, let me know. they have some here.

chemi :)

Peter_1
20-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Posted some pictures of the job on

http://www.tld-nv.com/peter/Pomp.htm

Pictures seems uploading very slowly. Do you have the same?

Mark
20-02-2004, 10:16 PM
I cant open it pete

chemi-cool
20-02-2004, 10:26 PM
peter,

file should be jpg??

chemi

Peter_1
06-03-2004, 08:42 PM
http://www.tld-nv.com/peter/Pomp.htm

It should be working right now.