PDA

View Full Version : Seal display unit compressor change

Andy AC
20-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Hello guys, I know this is a sad sort of question to ask on a saturday night, but here it comes - I need to change a compressor on a "seal" cake display unit (electrolux gp12tb comp) the unit is a seal hnr100. What I need to know is how the hell you get it out, do you need to remove the evap casing above or am I missing something. All the panels are riveted together, I just can't see how you would get it in and out let alone braze it up.
The last one of these I did was tight but at least I could get it in and out through the side.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Andy

coolhibby1875
20-09-2008, 07:40 PM
hi i rememember doing one last year cant remember what i done what i do remember is it was a tottall cant!!!!! sorry

chemi-cool
20-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Drill out the rivets and when you are done with the compressor, use self tapping screws.

Andy AC
20-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately Chemi, its not that simple, all the rivets etc, are all internal, hard to get at because of compressor and evap box in the way!

Andy

fazzamouse
20-09-2008, 09:24 PM
i done one few months ago,take the 4 nuts that hold the evap against the cabinet,this gives you a few mill to try and wedge,tug,yank the fecker out,also forget about putting the rubbers on the new pot no chance mate,like coolhibby said nightmare.

Andy AC
21-09-2008, 08:29 PM
I got the damn thing in with a lot of brute force, swearing & pain, with the vaporizer loop still attached:) I wouldn't wish that job on anybody, why do they have to make it so difficult?
To make it even more tricky, the newer gp14tb compressors come with bigger capacitors and a bigger electrics box:mad:
Got another one of these units with a rotten vaporiser next week - not quite as keen to do it anymore.

Andy

Andy AC
23-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Anybody got an idea as to why this series (HNR and before) has the temp probe in the air off from the evaporator?, not the return. It's forever starting and stopping. Seems a bit silly to me, but thats how they came.

Andy

philfridge
23-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Anybody got an idea as to why this series (HNR and before) has the temp probe in the air off from the evaporator?, not the return. It's forever starting and stopping. Seems a bit silly to me, but thats how they came.

Andy

Hi I think it is probably to make the temp readout lower than it is as these units struggle to achieve temperature.