PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys

rvitrih
20-09-2008, 01:26 AM
Hi Everyone, I am new here and looking for some help. I am a recently graduated mechanical engineer and I am trying to size some cooling equipment for my Dads meat factory.

I was asking around and someone gave me these serial number of some equipment that I should consider. The room is 40'X30'X13' The walls are block with a fiberglass finishing on them. The ceiling is made of plaster with the same fiberglass finishing. There are two doors and 5-6 people work in the room at any given time. The average ambient temperature of the room is 20degrees C. I need to bring this temperature down to a minimum of 1o degrees C, I would however like to bring it down to 4 degrees C. I did some calculations and figured that I would need a 7.5 horsepower, indoor condensing unit, and I would like to use two 25000BTU low velocity evaporators. I was given the following two part number by someone, however he did not provide me the manufacturers name, I was wondering if you guys would know who manufactures the following equipment

1) Low velocity Evaporators: TLV180AD-SIB

2) Condensing Unit: TEZA060H2-IT5.

Thank You for your help

Richard

US Iceman
20-09-2008, 01:47 AM
Welcome to the RE forums Richard.

One thing I did not see mentioned was the wall insulation and vapor retarder. A block wall with fiberglass sheeting on it is NOT a suitable wall construction for a cool processing room.

For one, the block walls are porous so they essentially provide a direct path of moisture vapor from the warm ambient to the cooler room temperatures.

Did you consider this in your calc.'s?

rvitrih
20-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Hi,

I did consider the lack of insulation. There is vapor barrier between the fiberglass sheets and the block walls. The owner is at the moment not interested in adding any insulation. He says this is a requirement by the government to bring the temp below 10 degrees C, and that is all the he is interested in at the moment.

US Iceman
20-09-2008, 02:57 AM
OK, no insulation...

You need to consider there may be condensation on the walls due to the surface temperature of the wall with no insulation. This can significantly increase the apparent cooling load the refrigeration system will be subjected to.

If you only consider the heat loss through the wall construction this is only a small part of the total cooling load. Another is the frequency of door opening & duration to this room. If the external ambient outside of the door is higher than the internal space temperature this can also generate a significant cooling load.

The owner may only be concerned with indoor temperatures now and saving money on insulation, but you need to exercise caution with this. Owners always want to save money and then come back and take out their lack of foresight on the closest party (you).