PDA

View Full Version : Samsung RS21DCSV1 Flashing Display

leon
19-09-2008, 07:21 AM
Hi,had this side by side for about 5 years now, nothing but trouble.

We had the design fault and yes it was repaired with the new parts in the fridge side this stopped the ice build up on the fan/heat/evap and worked for about 4 weeks. Anyway, new fault now,woke up the other day to see both temp displays flashing, Freezer side 21 and fridge side 19. Water over the floor and the ice cubes melting.

Turned it off and the display went to freezer 21 and fridge 19 ( constant). Did the two button test, then display went to -88 freezer and 88 fridge after a moment or two the display went back to 21 and 19. After an hour or two both the freezer and fridge side are not cooling, 21 and 18.
I can hear what seems to be the compressor clicking on and working then moments later it turns off. Both fans are blowing air through the vents at the back.

Can anyone help or know of this fault?

Cheers Leon

PS Iv'e tested the sensor ( Freezer side ) it appears to be working also checked the thermal fuse seems ok.

paul_h
19-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Sounds like the PCB is stuffed. If it was a defrost fault, it would have recovered. As you say, there's water everywhere and the temps are warm, and there's definitely airflow out of all the vents. So the coils are clear of ice, and any defrost fault wouldn't reoccur until the next scheduled defrost.
The compressor, capacitor, relay or o/l being faulty is a posibility, but I don't see that causing strange error codes or flashing the display. Never seen it, but I've seen strange things on samsungs, one off style faults that didn't occur on other samsungs.

So best guess, PCB failure, small possiblity of compressor, capacitor, relay or o/l failure. You really need someone with an annie anyalser to test compressor, capacitor, relay or o/l, and if they're good, has to be the PCB.

leon
19-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks Paul, appreciate your input, cheers!

Further to above I decided to look at the test and power on again to see if I'm missing any fault codes in the segments or anything.

Turning on sequence (power)

1). All icons lit up and the temps display is -88 / 88(non flashing)
2). All icons/temps cleared and un-lit.
3). All icons un-lit,fridge temp display = 3 (nothing on freezer side)
4). Beeps then 22 and 20 temps displayed along with Twin cooling,de-odorizer,
filter and cube ice.
5). Compressor on then off moments later.
6). Display sits at 22 and 20 from then on.
7). The compressor seems to switch on and off every 3 to 4 minutes from then on.

Two button test

1). All icons/segments flash (temps -88 and 88).
2). Clears then beeps. no error segments displayed.
3). Compressor on then off moments later.
4). then back to normal display As 4 Above.
5). Display sits at 22 and 20 from then on.
6). As 7 above

I read somewhere (might be on this site) that flashing displays (original fault display)
indicates thermal fuse/heater fault, I know the freezer sensor is working I replace this
and tested the thermal fuse (well, continuity tested, I'm told this is how you test it)
I know we've had the fridge side sorted out with the re-designed evap/heater cover
assembly, I was wondering if the fridge side has a temp sensor and thermal fuse too?

Also No.3 above (Turning on sequence) is the 3 digit displayed, fault codes? or
preset default temp for fredge side? no preset temp for freezer side?
Ok. lets see if I've got this right, i.e. No.3 segments 1,2,7,3 and 4.
This indicates Ice-maker sensor,R-Sensor,R-defrost error, R-def Sensor
and R-fan error?

Paul would these multiple faults indicate the faulty PCB you suggest if 3 are combined error segments?

And finally, what resistance should both heaters be showing on a meter if they
are ok?

Thanks again, any input appreciated.
Leon

PS The side by side has been on now for an hour and a half, the fridge temp
down to 19? freezer temp still the same,both power freeze and power cool
on. compressor still on and off evert few minutes.

PPS Sorry if I've gone to too much detail.

tonto33
20-09-2008, 12:49 AM
as paul says board stuff need to replace looking bout £100 for new one

mishulika
07-07-2009, 10:09 PM
refresh code

mishulika
07-07-2009, 10:10 PM
:)
refresh code