PDA

View Full Version : Problem with plugged condenser

kurt s
19-09-2008, 02:05 AM
Insalled new 3 phase scroll compressor, R22 system.
the old one was rattling and making noise and not pumping.

now the new one runs fine for a minute and starts pumping down and all the sudden the high pressure internal safety valve on the compessor pops. the high side guage is only reading 180 psi at the discharge of the condenser. so this tells me the condenser must be plugged.

i backflushed the condenser with nitrogen today and nothing came out and seemed free from any kind of plug or chunks of anything.

also installed a shrader valve near the discharge of the compressor to check psi there but it sure seems like the condenser is plugged up. i will try running it again later and check the PSI just after the compressor on the discharge side..

any ideas?? i have a bad feeling its going to do the same thing even after i flushed the lines with nitrogen because they sounded clean and nothing came out.????????????????

rd_shetty2003
19-09-2008, 09:03 AM
hi friend
did u checked compressor rotetion? i feel compressor running in wrong rotetion. just change the phase and run the compressor .hope it will work well
Insalled new 3 phase scroll compressor, R22 system.
the old one was rattling and making noise and not pumping.

now the new one runs fine for a minute and starts pumping down and all the sudden the high pressure internal safety valve on the compessor pops. the high side guage is only reading 180 psi at the discharge of the condenser. so this tells me the condenser must be plugged.

i backflushed the condenser with nitrogen today and nothing came out and seemed free from any kind of plug or chunks of anything.

also installed a shrader valve near the discharge of the compressor to check psi there but it sure seems like the condenser is plugged up. i will try running it again later and check the PSI just after the compressor on the discharge side..

any ideas?? i have a bad feeling its going to do the same thing even after i flushed the lines with nitrogen because they sounded clean and nothing came out.????????????????

kurt s
19-09-2008, 12:24 PM
yes tried that wirring is ok, pumping well as stated but internal pressure safety still pops. i will find out more very soon.
thank you though

monkey spanners
19-09-2008, 06:15 PM
I've had a vibration eliminator collapse internaly and do something similar.

rd_shetty2003
23-09-2008, 08:40 PM
hi kurt s
is it split a/c unit? u didnt mention brand of the unit. some unit has filters in indoor distibuter.if its 180 psig condersor outlet pressure then u r outdoor units is ok.plz check u r indoor unit
regards
dinesh shetty

tony--1
24-09-2008, 05:17 PM
is this the comp you had problems with running the wrong way ?

Vishwaprasanna
02-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Have u compair old and new compressor's specification?

icecube51
02-10-2008, 06:46 PM
if the outdoor unit comes whit a capillary,there must be a small filter and valve build to it. try to change the complete capillary set whit filter and reverse valve. it might work.
the filter and valve is a thicker tube at the end or beginning of the capillary and functions like a injector.
hope you now what i mean,pitty i don't have pictures at hand.

Ice