PDA

View Full Version : thermo king HY-50 D

igorv
17-09-2008, 08:21 PM
hi, every body
I need a help, can somebody give me electric diagram for HY-50 D. I have problem with charging batery, there are some modyfications in system and I can't find the problem.
thanks

SKOOBY
17-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Is it discharing the vehicle battery
on engine or electric operation.Is it a
24v unit or 12v

igorv
18-09-2008, 02:01 AM
it;s discharing battery on engine operation. it's 24v units, but there was two hydraulic pumps and now is kompresor sd7h15 and have some changes in the wiring

thermo prince
18-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Oh boy, Igor, that's an oldie unit ! How did it get to be in Skopje ? They were popular enough in UK and IRL . Should be reasonably straightforward to troubleshoot as they were the days before advent of solid state and today's Mirco uP contollers.

I think it will take likes of Reeferjon, Skooby ,CliveMTK and the other UK boys to dust off an old manual from archives for that one. I took a look on Info Central repository but not surprisingly, its not there due to vintage.

HY hydraulic drive units were manufactured by Petter Refrigeration, Southampton - a company that TK bought over in mid 1980's. Not sure when TK discontinued it then but like a phoenix from ashes, a (larger capacity) model called KH11 was around in 1992 (in essence a hydraulic drive KD11).
I can scan a copy of that wiring for you if UK chaps dont come up with original HY diagrams. Logic may be quite similar and give you some ideas anyhow.

best of luck, regards :)
T-P

SKOOBY
19-09-2008, 08:38 PM
The HY only had one hydraulic pump
that was driven off the truck engine.
The compressor in the unit its self was a york. Then there was a standby motor to drive it on electric.
The only time i have known one to
discharge the battery is when the transformer is faulty on standby and it
run off the truck battery .If you take
the battery supply off the battery on standby it should keep running if it stops you have a transformer fault.
Is the SH compressor in the unit its self

UKGENT
20-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Unless the fans keep running when the truck is off.