PDA

View Full Version : Cooling and dehumidifing by chill water

DEVITG
17-09-2008, 08:18 PM
AS it shall be known , one of the first HVAC system was done spraying cool water in a air current .

Of course the water temp was below the air dew point , so the air water was condensated on the sprayed water drops.

My need is where to reffer to make some calcs about it.

Thanks in advance

icecube51
17-09-2008, 09:49 PM
that is what's cold "adiabatic cooling" .is something wat is still being used on RV systems.they are the cheapest and also works whit 12V motors.

Ice

icecube51
17-09-2008, 09:53 PM
the system in RV's is spraying normal water on a quick turning disk, that sprays the moisture around. you have to use a Mollier diagram for adiabatic cooling.

Ice

DEVITG
17-09-2008, 11:21 PM
It is not a evaporative cooling , it leaves the air alsmost saturated in water .

My case is an AIR WASHER dehumidifing .

DEVITG
18-09-2008, 01:35 AM
I repeat , it is about DEHUMIDIFICATION , OR AIR DRYING.

smpsmp45
22-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Frick has a calculation data on this. I shall see if we have the copy of that. That is an interesting article for sure.

I did not see any one else has worked on that. ofcourse Frick is now part of York, but I think those details must be still available

icecube51
22-09-2008, 10:18 AM
is it something like this, but much bigger. it cleans, wasches regulates the moister of the air ???

http://www.rainbowsystem.com/rainbowsystem/history/

Ice

icecube51
22-09-2008, 10:20 AM
i now a guy ho doing that at a car plant. its being used where the paint the cars.

Ice

S.M.Gokhale
26-09-2008, 02:58 PM
AS it shall be known , one of the first HVAC system was done spraying cool water in a air current .

Of course the water temp was below the air dew point , so the air water was condensated on the sprayed water drops.

My need is where to reffer to make some calcs about it.

Thanks in advance
I think what you are refering to is called 'Sprayed coil dehumidifier'. The design is bit complicated. If you can PM me the data I can check it out and get back to you.