PDA

View Full Version : Trainee (Lincolnshire area)

toyney
17-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi guys. Im new round here so looking for some help or direction. Currently training at the grimsby institute, doing my c&g level 2. 25 yrs old so too old for an apprenticeship. Was wondering if any one had any advice on how to get in with a firm as an adult trainee? Prepared to work for free to get a foot on the ladder whilst i train at the college, just for some hands on experience.

thanks for taking the time to read this, sure you've seen it plenty of times before, and any advice would be appreciated

Latte
17-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Youre best way to get into an entry level is to become a maintenance engineer. Its a fairly repetative job but at least you will be getting hands on experience. providing you do a good job you will slowly get more involved in service work, first perhaps helping out other engineers on jobs that require 2 people and then moving on to easy service call.

I will PM you a contact in that area.

Note: Tried to PM but not activated on youre user. Check out the RE jobs section or pop into youre nearest NRS Climate centre as they normally have jobs advertised on their noticeboards

W.Miller
22-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Or you could just blag a job

marc5180
23-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Send letters to all the AC/refrigeration firms in your area, most wont even reply but some will, someone out there may give you a chance. What have you got to lose.