PDA

View Full Version : Surfrigo Capiliarry

grabber01
10-02-2004, 01:53 AM
I have just come across a surfrigo unit running on R22 with the capially line running inside the suction line. Now i need to change the capillary tube, i assume it runs inside to suction as a heat exchanger but do i have to put the new one inside again or would i get away with running it along the outside.
Thanks for any help

RogGoetsch
10-02-2004, 07:13 AM
I am not familiar with "surfrigo". I have had to replace an R-12 cap which ran inside the suction line. Have done it with an exterior one, but stripped what insulation remained on the suction line and taped the new cap to the suction tubing before re-insulating.

Peter_1
10-02-2004, 07:30 AM
Grabber, will work fine the way you will do it.
The impact of the heat exchanger effect is rather small due to the very smaal surafce area of a capillary.
Surfrigo is from Italy.

rbartlett
10-02-2004, 09:07 AM
get a cap tube drier kit from srw £4.50 plus p&p

cheers

richard

DaBit
10-02-2004, 10:10 PM
You might find that your captube is too long when you run it outside. Not subcooling it increases the 2-phase part of the captube, increasing it's resistance.

Try it and you know it...

chemi-cool
11-02-2004, 08:03 PM
hi grabber,

first, you can put the new one as it was, inside. more work.

you can wrap it arround the suction line.

by letting it hang along the suction line, movments will cause waer and evntually a hole.
soldering it to the suction line is another possibility.

chemi

Mark
13-02-2004, 07:06 PM
hi grabber :)

Was the old capillary blocked,waxed,fractured ?.Can the capillary possibly be cleaned?.If not measure the line diameter and length and fit a cap-kit(hrp) . Parts are available for sufrigos and could source a direct replacement.I have fitted capillarys external to suction line and the losses are negligible.

regards mark

grabber01
13-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Thank-you to all who replied. I am trying to make good an old fridge for sombody & it had a crushed suction pipe. Like the idiot i am i cut through it to cut the damaged section out without realising the capillary was inside. No i am thinking it's easier to put a new one in around the suction than trying to flare to pipe with the capillary inside it

chemi-cool
15-02-2004, 04:44 PM
dont flare it!!

solder it.

chemi

grabber01
06-03-2004, 09:14 PM
Hi Guys,
I would like to solder it but as i have been a prat and cut through the suction line i can not see how i can get in there to flare one side without damaging the capillary that runs inside it.

Does anyone know of a surfrigo stockist in the uk that might know the size/diameter of the cap tube to save me having to go back & take a piece off. The unit is an STRB5-12 if hat helps anyone.