PDA

View Full Version : Daewoo ERF-33.M no cooling at all

MXDDXM
15-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Help please. I've a Daewoo ERF-33.M or 36.M no frost fridge freezer (the manual doesn't care to say the difference nor the fridge/freezer bother to reveal itself).

I got home a few weeks ago to find the main downstairs trip switch had tripped and the fridge/freezer was at room temp. I've no idea how long it was off for (could have been >2 days) or what caused it. Although the fridge was the only device on while I was away. Also the upstair power switch was ok, which suggests it wasn't a surge.

On plugging it back it and it came back to life. However after a few days of working it thawed again to room temp (trip switch was ok). It then started cooling again. This cycle has continued, and I would say got worse. i.e. it spends more time at room temp before re-freezing.

The internal light works, it effect the fridge and freezer equally and there is some motor noise at the rear.

I have a multimeter, am experienced with fixing domestic electronics, but with a manual or a start point I'm a bit lost.

Please could someone point me give me a few things to check? Where is the therm for example and how to test it is working?

Many thanks,
Matt