PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Altherma System 8kw

RB0001
14-09-2008, 10:46 PM
My mother in law is in the process of wanting to change to a daikin altherma system 8kw from her current system which is heated by electricity as she has no gas.

She has been quoted £8500 inc VAT at 5% for the system which includes a 200 litre water tank and full installation. The surface to be heated is 154m2 and zero capacity at outside temperature is 16 degrees. The new tank will either go where the current tank is or where the current heater is. No rads are being changed.

This seems expensive to me, there are no solar panels involved . Can anyone advise whether this is a fair price or is she being stitched up.

thanks

Brian_UK
14-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Hi and welcome.

How many quotes for this work has she had ?

RB0001
15-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Unfortunately just one and whats even worse is that she signed a contract and paid a deposit and then told us next day what she had done, so i am now in damage limitation. I spoke to a daikin distributor who said that the cost of the product would be approximately £6000 to the end user.
She did say that she had problem getting other installers out to quote.

coolments
15-09-2008, 09:37 PM
. I spoke to a daikin distributor who said that the cost of the product would be approximately £6000 to the end user.

Yes, thats for just the refrigeration side of things, then there is the plumbing mods & electrical supplies to consider which the fridge Eng cant or wont do.

We have quoted & installed quite a few of these and they do come in at around that price, everyone wants to do there best to be green but heat pumps for the average size house (3 bed semi etc) are expensive at the moment compared to other options and we have never won an order on one, mostly there installed in large houses along side AC when there are being refurbed when cash isnt a problem.

Im sure in a few years the market will be flooded with them and prices will drop, until then my advice if no gas is present is solar + immersion.

Negotiate with your contractor, Im sure they will come to an agreement if you change to solar with them.

Argus
16-09-2008, 09:05 AM

If a contract is made at home, then in the UK you have a cooling-off period to reconsider.

Suggest you check your consumer rights.

brunstar
20-04-2009, 10:22 PM
try visiting www.altherma.co.uk (http://www.altherma.co.uk/)