PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Trane RTAD100 chiller.

on4hf
14-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Hello guys,

I have a communication problem with a Trane chiller.
At start-up I read on the display that there is a communication problem between machine module and option module. The option module in this case is a Siemens PLC. On the PLC module is a touchscreen that gives me a chiller alarm. I know nothing about plc's so I am a little bit stuck here :mad:.

chris96
14-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi,
It looks like you have a communication fault caused by the ribbon cable, it's a common fault on these units, and it is normally around the ribbon connector, you may see signs of corrosion if you look closely. Most people just cut out the plastic connector and connector block it.
The CH530 controller is a clever bit of kit, and without the techveiw software your going to struggle, if it's not an easy find on the cable your best to ring Trane.

Chris.

on4hf
14-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks Chris. I am going to that customer again this week and see if I can fix it.

Eric.

Lowrider
15-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Rtad's in europe don't have the ch530 yet. They still come with the UCM-CLD.

There's a connector called J1 that might make bad contact! This is the comm link between the modules.

on4hf
15-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks Lowrider. I'll check that...

Eric.

on4hf
17-09-2008, 07:02 PM
I went back to that customer today and found what the problem was. Inside the chiller you have 4 modules. The module on top isn't working anymore. I took a module out of a good working unit and then it worked, so it must be that module...

Eric.

chris96
17-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Hi Eric, thats the main control board i think, bloody expensive one to replace i believe.

Well doe anyhow mate (allways good when you can pinch a part from another unit to test! :p )

Chris.

serviceman
14-10-2009, 06:14 PM
this model unit has one port paar 5vcd verify voltages and 12VDC, check the configuration of the machine as a parameter changed or denied causing the main module will send alerts or communication problems

goshen
14-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks Lowrider. I'll check that...

Eric.
good catch on the bug u might want to check the module for a blown fuse some of them have it inside or for a bad dip switch setting or else just buy a new one !:)