PDA

View Full Version : Rules and regulations

suctionheader
14-09-2008, 10:15 AM
This thread is aim at engineers in the UK. It is regarding the carrying of refrigerants, brazing gases and oxygen free nitrogen. Does anybody know what paperwork you require ? Do you need to display signage on your vehicle?
Does your vehicle need ventilation ? Finally is there any safety equipment you need to carry ?

taz24
14-09-2008, 09:52 PM
This thread is aim at engineers in the UK. It is regarding the carrying of refrigerants, brazing gases and oxygen free nitrogen. Does anybody know what paperwork you require ? Do you need to display signage on your vehicle?
Does your vehicle need ventilation ? Finally is there any safety equipment you need to carry ?

Have you done any gas handling training.
You would know all this if you have the 2078 or CITB qualifications.

Cheers taz.

taz24
14-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Have you done any gas handling training.
You would know all this if you have the 2078 or CITB qualifications.

Cheers taz.

I see you did the 2078 in 2001.

Gas cylinders can be carried dependant on weight and sizes of cylinder.
The vehical should be a flat bed or ventilated.
Signage on the outside stating pressurised cylinders and flamable gases on board.
Data sheets with all the information regarding the specific gases on board are to be kept easily available.
Fire extinguishers front and back.

Cheers taz.

tony--1
14-09-2008, 11:11 PM
trem cards get them from boc

Grizzly
15-09-2008, 07:34 AM
You should also be displaying red and green Triangles I think?
I know we do.
Grizzly

Daddy Cool
17-09-2008, 09:15 AM
There are quiet a few rules, but how often you see them employed beyond the 'compressed gas' and 'flammable gas' diamonds is questionable. especially when you are supposed to remove each of these if you are not carrying them, so if you took your porta-pak off the wagon, so does the red diamond.

Andy AC
17-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Ok guys, how many of you have got a ventilated van then? I've never had one.

Andy

Brian_UK
17-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Yep, mine's ventilated with a roof vent.

Mind you, if you check most vans there are air outlets at the back via the access to the light fittings or down the corners so you could say that you are covered in that respect.

Andy AC
17-09-2008, 11:21 PM
I know my side loading door doesn't seal properly - does that count then?;)

Andy

Daddy Cool
22-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Does anyone carry TREM cards?

frank
22-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Sure do. But they are not FIREPROOF so they may just melt in a van fire :D

sedgy
25-10-2008, 07:20 PM
to carry GAS your vehicle should have a sticker displayed on it and ICI will provide detailed identity sheets for any gas you may carry in your vehicle this is to assist the fire service if your vehicle is involved in an accident

Lippygit
26-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi guys
Another question in relation to this thread , is a sealed / semisealed bulkhead a requirement ?