PDA

View Full Version : nicknames

tonto33
12-09-2008, 12:15 PM
for those of you who use nicknames on here, what made you think of the one you using ?be great to find out if any reason behind why you choose it.

Chunk
12-09-2008, 01:25 PM
I chose my name because my son loves the film "The Goonies" especially the truffle shuffle because i am fat and wobbly.

Plus my original name was Chunky Munkey so i changed it.:D

Brian_UK
12-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Mine was simply to indentify which part of the world I came from,

and you Tonto33 ?

Are you the thirty-third native sidekick for the Lone Ranger ? ;)

Grizzly
12-09-2008, 07:21 PM
I chose my name because my son loves the film "The Goonies" especially the truffle shuffle because i am fat and wobbly.

Plus my original name was Chunky Munkey so i changed it.:D

Whatever your size Chunk.
I like your sense of Humour!!

Our Family Favourite is "UP PERISCOPE" with Kelsy Grammer of Frasier fame.

My Surname is Adams Hence.. Grizzly!!!

Some of the Navy Guys that I have worked with have fantastic Nickname's.
The best I ever came across was a guy called "Senna" as in Ayrton Senna.
Because his Surname was Corners... And AYRTON SENNA ..can't take corners bum bum.
Nobody said the Navy Guys are politically correct!
In fact we played the guess their surname once.
Where the guys covered up their name-tags and told me their nickname.
I had to guess their actual Surname.
I will never forget this Huge Black guy from the Caribbean grinning with this huge set of immaculate teeth. "ME NAME IS JULY!"
His Surname was ANDREWS!

Grizzly
12-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Sorry for waffling on Guys
Grizzly's the Nickname ADAMS is the Surname!

tonto33
12-09-2008, 10:35 PM
nope mates have always called me tonto as hung like a horse and name is tony

750 Valve
13-09-2008, 11:11 AM
when i first became a fridgey it was in the pub and club industry, using instantaneous bev coolers manufactured by Temprite. They got the generic name of temprite (sprt of like a walkman did) and were basically a flooded vessel holding about 5 kgs R12 with a low side float controlling a needle and seat and an EPR to maintain correct temp. It had some stainless coils run through them to cool beer. VERY popular back in the day for pubs in australia. The EPR that maintains the temp had a very large surface area to maintain very tight control. It was called a 750 Valve, I worked on heaps of temprites at the time so I thought it'd be a good screen name.... I also use it on youtube, not many people know what one is these days - you'd be hardpressed to find anything on the net about them.

monkey spanners
13-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Mine is based on a few things....

Monkey: because i can be a bit flipant and poke fun at things i find amusing:D
Monk-ey: because i have an interest in Buddhism and have considered becoming a monk.

spanners: I like fixing things and am fascinated by how everything works.

I have an old monkeywrench which belonged to my grandfather which is one of my favorite things.

So 'Monkey spanners' is to imply mischievousness, well meaning, logic, Dharma and heritage.

Or not. As we all know words are empty :D

Jon :p

chemi-cool
13-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Chemi is my name, cool is obvious.

I used to manage before I went into refrigeration, a big agricultural machine shop and for the fun of it, i used to print on the new machines we made - Chemi Deere [ nicked it from the legendary John Deere, including the green colour, people here thought we are part of them. It helped the sales.....]

One day when I came back from a vacation, found out my fridge didn't work........ the rest is hystory...

chillin out
13-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I like to relax and I am quite a chilled out person.
NOT.

Chillin:):)

Temprite
14-09-2008, 08:12 AM
when i first became a fridgey it was in the pub and club industry, using instantaneous bev coolers manufactured by Temprite. They got the generic name of temprite (sprt of like a walkman did) and were basically a flooded vessel holding about 5 kgs R12 with a low side float controlling a needle and seat and an EPR to maintain correct temp. It had some stainless coils run through them to cool beer. VERY popular back in the day for pubs in australia. The EPR that maintains the temp had a very large surface area to maintain very tight control. It was called a 750 Valve, I worked on heaps of temprites at the time so I thought it'd be a good screen name.... I also use it on youtube, not many people know what one is these days - you'd be hardpressed to find anything on the net about them.

That pretty well explains my name then.....:)

icecube51
14-09-2008, 03:31 PM
mi wife is a school teacher and once and a wile i drive the school-bus as volunteer. these kids are special and every one of them has a handicap. to keep them in line i use a special look on mi face and there was this kid ho told the others that i was as cold as bloc of ice, so there the name of "icecube" was born.

absrbrtek
16-09-2008, 03:55 AM
absrbrtek=absorber tech. Been doing absorption chillers for years. Have copyrights on some training courses and have taught absorption classes. Factory trained on Carrier, Broad, Trane, York and Yazaki single and two stage machines. Have serviced absorption chillers around the USA. Been to China for training.

750 Valve
17-09-2008, 10:55 AM
That pretty well explains my name then.....:)

we make a good pair :p

Latte
17-09-2008, 09:41 PM
"Latte" speaks for itself doesnt it, Obviously wouldnt drink any during the day when i should be working ;)

yinmorrison
23-09-2008, 11:32 PM
A guy I used to work with never could get used to my dialect which is from Galloway in SW Scotland and the number 1 rather than being pronounced 'one' is 'yin' so this is what he called me:)

Fatboy Taz
24-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Not hard to work out, I am as fat as a wart hog, still a boy in my thick head and have been known to go off like TAZ the cartoon when dealing with stupid retail managers calling me out for a bloody WATER leaks at 02:00 in the mornings.

And that is a real picture of me, no need for photoshop in my household.

Love FATBOY TAZ :rolleyes: